Airfix 1/24 Fw190A-5 of III/SKG10 Tunisia - **Finished**

Volksjager

• Volksjager changed the title to Airfix 1/24 Fw190A-5 of III/SKG10 Tunisia - **Finished**

So this is build has been fully completed and can be found in the RFI 

One last little bit of fun I had with the kit. When I was looking to place the antenna wire, I found the  secondary fuselage attachment came out of a small rubber grommet on top of the fuselage. I decided to replicate this out of thin wine bottle foil, but when punching out a disc I also took a disc out of my black cutting mat. Only at that point did I realise this was perfect!

53070495804_538f966b7f_b.jpg

I really do need a bigger photo booth! Since more large scale kits are to come, I will look to upgrade for the next one.

I really did love this kit and really enjoyed the build. Much prefer the larger scale over 1/72 & even 1/48, though my minimum will only be 1/48 now I think.

Thanks to all that followed and commented, really appreciate the input. I will look to post up the next build (from the start this time) but it will definately be 1/24 again. I am about 2 weeks away from out local show so I will get this one on the table as I promised myself I would. Don't need to win, just looking forward to showing it off. 

Thanks again guys & here is one final pic of the finished Butcher Bird

53070705540_5667e78381_b.jpg

That is really lovely, and a total inspiration for me when I look at the two big boxes in my stash that contain this kit!

Can't wait to see what you tackle next - particularly as someone who loves these 1/24th kits.

I'd say the Spitfire IX, but it might not be much of a challenge after this beastie! :)

11 hours ago, Shoggz said:

That is really lovely, and a total inspiration for me when I look at the two big boxes in my stash that contain this kit!

Can't wait to see what you tackle next - particularly as someone who loves these 1/24th kits.

I'd say the Spitfire IX, but it might not be much of a challenge after this beastie! :)

Many thanks :)

Yes, our options aren't massive in 1/24 but I have a couple of ideas from the stash. I don't have the Spit Mk.IX at the moment but I do have the Typhoon 1B Car door version & the Mossie from Airfix. Hanging out for the Stuka when it gets re-released later in the year too!

9 hours ago, John Stambaugh said:

Very pleased to see such a fine job done with this iconic kit. Thanks for sharing. 

And of course; you can't have too many Fw190s.

Many thanks, appreciate the kind words. You are very correct, you can't have too many 190's! Need a long nose Dora to kit it company now!