A new reconnoisance projekt - camera colour?

In most cases, no exact RLM color was specified for equipment that was fully internally housed and not visible from the outside, like cameras, etc. - these things were coded "RLM 99", meaning they needed to have some kind of protective paint cover, but the actual color was irrelevant. As a result, manufacturers of these items just painted them in regular industrial colors - usually some kind of gray or black. You can see the same thing on e.g. Patin gyro-compasses: they are generally some light gray color, but it does not match any RLM standard; I suppose some of these industrial coatings could be matched to RAL standard, but I'm not sure of that.

Edited by pvanroy

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/8/2023 at 5:37 AM, MikeMaben said:

It looks that it could be one of these two.

Is it possible (cannibalized from another captured Luftwaffe machine)? 

Ln28067

Ln26666

Eventually this one:

Ln27823

Edited by johnie hopper

Yes. This was done on the cockpit instrument panels. Black Labels with white lettering describing the instrument function were commonly added above each one. However, even in large scale I doubt this would be really visible. Externally, I'm not remembering having seen any technical stencil in English (including warning ones). If they were actually added here and there, they were not that visible.

• 1 month later...