Revell 1/32 Fw 190F-8, Yellow 14, W.Nr. 584592, SG 2 or SG 10

duke_

Thanks a lot for the explanation duke_ , as it's a product I'd heard of before but never used before.
When you say that it will be sanded before the riveting phase, I imagine that you will make it smooth before painting? Or are you sanding it until it disappears completely?
I noticed that it makes the micro-scratches of the plastic disappear and indeed the surface condition of your model before painting should become perfect with this 1500 surfacer.
And congratulations again for your Fw190, it will be absolutely superb. ;)

11 hours ago, Furie said:

...Does the surfacer 1500 bring other advantages than a primer like MRP for example?

Nope, they're practically the same thing. Both lacquer based , the 1500 has very fine pigments just

like MRPs fine primers, both fill extremely fine surface imperfections and leave a fine sufrace for other

paints adhesion, acrylicsor enamels.

15 hours ago, Furie said:

Thanks a lot for the explanation duke_ , as it's a product I'd heard of before but never used before.
When you say that it will be sanded before the riveting phase, I imagine that you will make it smooth before painting? Or are you sanding it until it disappears completely?
I noticed that it makes the micro-scratches of the plastic disappear and indeed the surface condition of your model before painting should become perfect with this 1500 surfacer.
And congratulations again for your Fw190, it will be absolutely superb. ;)

Hey Furie, i said ''during'' riveting not before but thats ok . To make it simple and so you don't get confused
surfacer has nothing to do with riveting.  Ii just decided  to rivet the model after applying the surfacer, so it makes sense that the primer will go away with this whole process

thats all..

7 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Kalimera Spyros!

Very impressive work. I can see that you are pushing your own (already considerable) modelling skills even further- good luck my friend.

Derek 

Kalimera Derek! thank you for your comment!

Yes, i thought it was about time to try this. Is not the easiest model to rivet because there are so many rivet lines on Fw190, but now i have to go all the way,. i am planning to. finish this task today.  it's not perfect , but its ok . I just wanted to have a comparison between recessed rivets and positive rivet wet transfers

Cheers!

7 hours ago, duke_ said:

Kalimera Derek! thank you for your comment!

Yes, i thought it was about time to try this. Is not the easiest model to rivet because there are so many rivet lines on Fw190, but now i have to go all the way,. i am planning to. finish this task today.  it's not perfect , but its ok . I just wanted to have a comparison between recessed rivets and positive rivet wet transfers

Cheers!

I’m looking forward to your assessment between the two techniques. Your project looks great so far. 

16 hours ago, Hoss FL said:

I’m looking forward to your assessment between the two techniques. Your project looks great so far. 

Thank you Jim!

of course!  I'm also looking forward to seeing what it will look like in the end...

S.

οκ, I thought it would last forever, but I think I'm done..

I have gone over the entire surface with a black marker and then removed it with a cloth soaked in isopropyl alcohol to check the riveting depth and uniformity..

I could have done better, but since it's my firs attempt , i am satisfied with the result

9DVOfil.jpg

bhvTEmC.jpglYZggUL.jpgWdemhQQ.jpg

NQAf5gX.jpgyOPEFvh.jpg

28 minutes ago, Furie said:

It's simply superb, bravo to you.
I have to have half as many rivets to put on my 109 and I find it complicated already, so my hat is off to you.

Well done!

thanks Furie!

don't worry only the first 10000 rivets are the hardest part :lol:  , then you get used to it..

really , now after this task , to me, riveting an 109 looks like a walk in the park..

don't think about it , just go for it, even if you make mistakes thats ok ..

you 'll do it just fine!

Edited by duke_