Revell 1/32 Fw 190F-8, Yellow 14, W.Nr. 584592, SG 2 or SG 10

duke_

20 hours ago, Shoggz said:

That’s a really superb engine. Bravo.

20 hours ago, RBrown said:

WOW!

11 hours ago, Hoss FL said:

Wow!  That engine is amazing!! What a gem. 

8 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

That's one impressive engine.  It's almost a shame to hide it in a model.

Cheers,

Michael

6 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Duke, can I borrow your shrinkray gun ?    :please:

6 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Almost beautiful than the real one.:clap2:

Thank you all guys for your comments ! i appreciate it!

I'll try to keep all engine cowling panels open Michael..

so next in the mg 131 mount and firewall

KTl7Voi.jpg

Edited by duke_

some more progress 

nothing fancy here, just basic stuff..

just rushing to get the fuselage halves together ..

lZXy6Zv.jpg

one step before closing the fuselage..

YsjubzI.jpg

0SpB1wL.jpg

I have also removed any detail from the control surfaces and replaced them with HGW wet transfers

I3Loq02.jpg

Edited by duke_

now with the two parts of the fuselage together, she starts taking shape 

I fixed the canopy temporarily with some tamiya tape so I can handle the model without damaging the cockpit

MeELN4A.jpg

i have also removed the front exhaust panels to make the engine area more visible ..

DckCmUc.jpg k94MmLq.jpg

eduard's resin set  is excellent , and some detail painting later will bring this to life..

D8ormzK.jpg

now i will place the top wing halves and continue with filling , sanding  and mr surfacer 1500 to check for imperfections..

thank for watching!

S.

Edited by duke_

16 hours ago, Furie said:

Wow, what a challenge this model you are building!
I'm looking at this with a lot of interest and curiosity because it's on my list of planes to build!

:)

that's great Furie! thank you for your comments and for stopping by!

after filling and sanding a first coat of surfacer 1500 has been applied to check everything is smooth.

i have also played around with some pre-shading on the yellow and the red brown primer (unpainted areas )

0WEVFWp.jpg0M0u7C8.jpgoYJXx6d.jpg.   

TMvklY1.jpg

and now for the first time i will try a full riveting 

I will use Radu's, rivet-R and some beading tools (for the areas where it is not possible to use the wheel).

bYxjzrO.jpg

i only have scale drawings for the D-9 version (thanks John!)  , but i assume only the front section is different on the A/F-8 and for that i will use the HGW rivet set as a reference..

another thought was to apply the full HGW set of positive rivets , and then run the riveting wheel on top of it..

but again I didn't want to waste an entire expensive set, while I can use it on another A8.

On the other hand, I believe I will learn something new from this whole procedure..

so ..fingers crossed!

p9XUy3r.jpg

5 hours ago, duke_ said:

after filling and sanding a first coat of surfacer 1500 has been applied to check everything is smooth.

I ask you the question but others can also answer: what is the point of applying a coat of paint with surfacer 1500?
I'm not at this stage yet, but I thought that a coat of "classic" primer was enough before painting.
Does the surfacer 1500 bring other advantages than a primer like MRP for example?

mrp-peintures-lpb-appret-noir-a-surface-

Edited by Furie

16 minutes ago, Furie said:

I ask you the question but others can also answer: what is the point of applying a coat of paint with surfacer 1500?
I'm not at this stage yet, but I thought that a coat of "classic" primer was enough before painting.
Does the surfacer 1500 bring other advantages than a primer like MRP for example?

mrp-peintures-lpb-appret-noir-a-surface-

Hi Furie,

at this stage i am only using it to check for imperfections like joints and other areas  that may require more attention but it will be sanded-off during riveting. It doesn't act like a primer at this moment.  

Generally it acts also like a micro-filler for tiny scratches on the plastic or things like that. I like this product because it gives a very good adhesion and with a very light sanding gives you a perfectly smooth surface to paint. i could say that 1500 is a highly diluted putty. i also use 1000 which is more dense to fill larger gaps

i have never used the MRP so i don't know the difference between them. It may be something similar..

S.