1/32 Italeri Mirage III E

Ryan

• 4 months later...
On 3/23/2023 at 4:15 AM, Ryan said:

I'm very strange Denis, I don't do washes anymore.

I enjoy the challenge of building the kit and painting without weathering techniques.

That's not to say I wont outline something (panel lines) , but it will be done in the spirit of neatness. :)

Simulating weathering and other real world abuse do not give me happiness anymore.

My models never start up, fire weapons, leak oil, etc.

The type of the modeling I like is one that would be in a museum, that is the challenge for me.

I can weather and REALLY like looking at weathered models, but its just not for me anymore life is too short.

I have found that if I free myself from the high bar that weathering insists on I have a much better time modeling.

Sorry, I know you didn't ask for all that but I wanted to take you to the end of the story. :)

Thanks for the compliment and I hope you stick around to see more (unconventional) progress.

Ryan

That is an interesting approach, Ryan! Given Swiss aircraft have already been mentioned, one of the interesting things about the Swiss is their exemplary cleanliness. I am modelling only Swiss aircraft for a number of reasons, and although some may be old and weathered (paint always fades), they are very, very rarely left dirty. Hence the clean wheel well already shown. Reading through and greatly enjoying your build. Tony

Le 03/08/2023 à 13:41, SwissFighters a dit :

Voici une image d'un Mirage IIIS suisse :

Cockpit du Mirage IIIS suisse 1

hi

You are absolutely right, the Swiss Mirage had a green cockpit.. nice green, although!!! But, the rear bulkhead.... was black. 
Here is a useful link. Just scroll down, till you find the good walk around.. you will find a lot of info, especially a photo that corroborates the fact that the black / white photo upward, is from a Swiss Mirage
cheers 
Alain

https://master194.com/site/photo_avion/index.htm

On 8/4/2023 at 11:02 PM, alain11 said:

hi

You are absolutely right, the Swiss Mirage had a green cockpit.. nice green, although!!! But, the rear bulkhead.... was black. 
Here is a useful link. Just scroll down, till you find the good walk around.. you will find a lot of info, especially a photo that corroborates the fact that the black / white photo upward, is from a Swiss Mirage
cheers 
Alain

Thank you for the link Alain and yes, I now see the black bulkhead. I'm glad you pointed it out. I must be getting a bit older, as even my own photographic reference material shows me a black bulkhead...just never really noticed before. :rolleyes:

On 8/8/2023 at 5:27 AM, Rainer Hoffmann said:

Ooh, one of the most elegant jets ever and I missed this thread ...

Great work, Ryan. Any progress lately?

Cheers

Rainer

Hey Rainer, no progress really, I'm quite fickle when it comes to modeling subjects and AC are on the very back burner currently.

Thanks for the interest.

Ryan

• 8 months later...
On 8/4/2023 at 3:02 PM, alain11 said:

hi

cheers 
Alain

Hmmm… that is not 100% true. Early versions had a green bulkhead. The electronic boxes were black. But soon the entire rear bulkhead was painted black. I will upload some reference pics in my upcoming thread. ;)