1/32 Italeri Mirage III E

Ryan

Well this isn’t happening, this ladder is an imprecise mess. I can’t think of a better candidate for a 3D printed replacement. Having profile shots of the part will make it somewhat easy to reproduce. I use Fusion 360 and have a Creality Halot Sky printer,  more details as I get it sketched up. :punk:

U7YMGst.jpeg

R7Fdq5P.jpeg

14 hours ago, Ryan said:

Getting started on the rear cockpit bulkhead, more work to go! :frantic:

2xVYXys.jpeg

@Ryan Below you have a good view on the pit bulkhead in b/w:

52780695027_fc4585fbfa_b.jpg

I am not 100% sure, but it seems to be a picture from a III C or S from the Swiss AF. You can clearly see the compartment behind the ejection seat, which, however, was not taken into account by Italerie or Revell. I am sure Nick might be of help here too, if this is related to your version.

10 minutes ago, CarstenB said:

I am not 100% sure, but it seems to be a picture from a III C or S from the Swiss AF. You can clearly see the compartment behind the ejection seat, which, however, was not taken into account by Italerie or Revell. I am sure Nick might be of help here too, if this is related to your version.

That is an awesome picture, thank you. @CarstenB

My (painted) wiring is a bit stylized and artistic and not really based in reality.

I guessed on the wiring loom labels, glad I was somewhat on the right track!

28 minutes ago, Ryan said:

That is an awesome picture, thank you. @CarstenB

My (painted) wiring is a bit stylized and artistic and not really based in reality.

I guessed on the wiring loom labels, glad I was somewhat on the right track!

Might be of help to: https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/awa01/401-500/awa412-MirageIII-Vollmer/00.shtm even if it is a III RS cockpit.

Edited by CarstenB

2 hours ago, CarstenB said:

With the air inlet shutters marked "Left" and "Right", it is possible that this is not a French Mirage III. (Why not Australia, Switzerland, South Africa).

I forgot the most important: considering the back position of the air inlets, it is not a Mir III C because they would arrive in the middle of the cockpit, it is thus of the family of MIR III E.

Edited by Furie