1/32 Italeri Mirage III E

Ryan

There is no problem, Ryan, it's a credit to you to assemble an aircraft as clean as a whistle and I fully respect your decision.
And then, to see a Mir III E clean as the first day, at its exit of factory makes me extremely happy.
I can't wait to see the end of this assembly, but especially to see all the intermediate steps!

:clap2:

Gear well assembled and installed. The front of the bay is also the rear bulkhead of the pit, so planning will be required when painting etc.

The kit also has hollowed out machine guns that are separate parts.

Stark colors of the bays are toned down once in place.

WGcpuCC.jpeg

5g0RSLM.jpeg

pbp8ene.jpeg

RavRGFs.jpeg

6ki7JPL.jpeg

Grat job so far. I know the Italeri kit. I already built my prototype Mirage III with the conversion kit from Matterhorn Circle to a Mirage III S. Going through your post I am looking forward to build the final version. Revell kit and all the add-ones has been delivered already.

I choose Revell, because the intakes from the Italeri kit are wrong. They are around 0.5cm to far ahead and start almost in the middle of the cockpit canopy, while the Revell starts right at the end of the canopy as they should. I hope, you have seen it already.

Will see, when I start. I need first to finish my DH-100 Vampire. ;) Anyway, I will follow your thread here to see you progress.

cheers,
Carsten 

Mirage drop tanks.

After the stress of the gear bay I wanted some easier plus I jump around to hold interest.

The tanks are a mix of soft and crisp detail. The fin parts and circular access port are the challenging areas on these parts. This is not a assembly kit and that’s ok.

Having a circular depression on a seam line is never good but I made it work with a custom reamer to true up the circle.

uyb9Mvh.jpeg

v2PcDrw.jpeg

nofdQN5.jpeg

8QcwfYg.jpeg

Edited by Ryan