Bf 109 G-2 of Johannes "Macky" Steinhoff - REVELL - 1/32

Furie

2 hours ago, Furie said:

I'm thinking of making an antenna support from a piece of PE sheet, a little longer than necessary.

Then make a small notch in the plastic with a scalpel and stick the support on with cyano glue.

Yep, that’s what I’d try first. :P

4 hours ago, Furie said:

I'm thinking of making an antenna support from a piece of PE sheet, a little longer than necessary.

Then make a small notch in the plastic with a scalpel and stick the support on with cyano glue.

This is the way.

Kev

Hye Denis!

Well done! Nice Gustav!

Be cool on your propellor wathering...do you know why most of propellor are paint in black or in dark color?....

-

-

-

-

-

No? Try to land with the sun in your six....you will have an opaque and solid circle on your Ray Ban!

I am convinced that if one thing is maintened with a max standard of caution in any case is that point....and it's a very commun mystake I see in modelling...

Je trouve que tu trainasses grave pour un retraité pour ton montage...:D:whistle:

Amities

Fab

Thanks for the compliments Thunnus, especially from the maestro, i go bright red! :wub:

I glued the fins and checked that everything was aligned correctly, no traces of glue and removed 3 lines of rivets that I'd overdone:

7evx.jpg

idqy.jpg

Now for the nagging stuff:
-despite all my gluing precautions, I've got a "staircase" on each side of the Karman connector that I'd like to remove. The simplest solution is to sand down the protruding piece to the level of the one that protrudes the least, but that's a bad solution because I can't remove any material there. What do you recommend? Glue a thin piece of plastic over the 2 pieces? Putty? CA?

oo49.jpg

The right-hand side is a bit better, as there's no staircase, just a hole to fill:

quiw.jpg

-I'm still having this damn problem at the engine cowling junction, you can see a few small holes that I can't seem to plug.

I've tried using CA, but they keep reappearing! And after trying to fill the holes, the engraving in the plastic starts to disappear, which I really don't like.

I thought I'd brush on a few drops of Gunze Aqueus paint, wait for it to dry and then sand, hoping that the paint would behave like putty.

I've also tried Mig Ammo liquid putty with no success.

It's getting hopeless, I don't know what to do...

Click on picture to enlarge :

glhk.jpg

Edited by Furie

That's what I tried with this top flap, simulating its position.
Only I had the idea of lowering it more, with a steeper angle towards the bottom.  
Because if I lowered it to hide the karman staircase, it would give me a very shallow angle compared to what you see in the photos. And if I lower it even more, then you can see the karman's staircase.
But it's still a good idea.

For all of your problems Denis I’d use Apoxie Sculpt, which is a two part sculpting material like Milliput. Thinned with water it can be applied accurately and finely, or used straight from the pot can build up layers. Smooth when damp, mould when drying, sand when dry. 

Before painting the aircraft with primer, I finished the undercarriage locations in the wing, as well as the 2 undercarriages and the 2 fairing doors. (I'm not sure I'm using the right terms in English, so please forgive me and correct me if I'm wrong).
As the 2 REVELL undercarriages are catastrophic and make the Bf109 look like a giraffe drinking from a pond, I preferred to replace them with the EDUARD BRASSIN kit.
It's absolutely magnificent, with lots of detail in both the resin and metal parts.

Everything is finely engraved and ready to paint.
I painted everything with MRP's RLM02 + darkened RLM02 for the edges of the parts + lightened RLM02 for the center of the parts + pure RLM02 to make the whole homogeneous + drybrush on the reliefs + a dark gray juice/lavis for the recessed details + micro details in silver pencil + to finish a little light earth-colored juice/lavis.

I used a chrome paint pencil to paint the shock absorber on each undercarriage.

And that's it!

All that's left is a coat of matt varnish.

Question: should the hydraulic hose running along each undercarriage be painted RLM02 or some other color?

P.S. This is all new to me, both the resin/metal parts and the painting techniques used. 
I think the whole thing looks pretty good and realistic, pretty close to what I wanted to achieve.

A vous les amis !

Click on picture to enlarge :

x3p7.jpg

3ir3.jpg

luqz.jpg

ug72.jpg

uday.jpg

bwpr.jpg

qgf6.jpg

7kt9.jpg

8a7k.jpg

9apt.jpg