Any F-100 Aftermarket Stuff Out There?

John1

18 hours ago, John1 said:

Thanks Otto.   Damn, that Aires stuff looks fantastic (assuming any of it actually fits).    Only nitpick - still don't understand why some outfits persist in providing PE straps for ejection seats vrs just casting them into the resin seat itself.  I'll see what I can find on Ebay.  

The buckles are a real pain:BANGHEAD2:

Aires make the resin seat with the straps moulded in place in their Aerobonus range. I have never understood why firms like HGW haven't made "fabric" straps and etch for ejection seats. It's an utterly appalling omission in the AM world. Perfect in 1/32nd scale. If I had the money and energy I would start up my own firm to make them.

Renaissance in Europe also used to make some bits for the Hun. The recent F-100C and F kits might be invigorating the market with items like ResKit's Drop tanks. Videoaviation make an MD-3 starter and MJ-1 too if you like matching Aerospace Ground Equipment.

Tony 

13 hours ago, John1 said:

Awesome resource.   Had no idea there was that much aftermarket stuff out there.  

Much as I love Hannants, I wish their search facility was as 'modern' as Spruebrothers..

I didn't use much on my long since abandoned ZEL project; a Black Box/Avionix 'pit, some Aires burner cans and two sets of Eduard P.E. stuff. Also some AM resin wheels/tires for the launch trailer.

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

Aires make the resin seat with the straps moulded in place in their Aerobonus range. I have never understood why firms like HGW haven't made "fabric" straps and etch for ejection seats. It's an utterly appalling omission in the AM world. Perfect in 1/32nd scale. If I had the money and energy I would start up my own firm to make them.

Renaissance in Europe also used to make some bits for the Hun. The recent F-100C and F kits might be invigorating the market with items like ResKit's Drop tanks. Videoaviation make an MD-3 starter and MJ-1 too if you like matching Aerospace Ground Equipment.

Tony 

Well,..in fact, no!

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/quickboost-qb-32-241-f-100-super-sabre-ejection-seat-with-safety-belts-trumpeter--1277202

All their individual seats were sold under the Quickboost guise whereas Aerobonus was dedicated to AGE items.

27 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Well,..in fact, no!

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/quickboost-qb-32-241-f-100-super-sabre-ejection-seat-with-safety-belts-trumpeter--1277202

All their individual seats were sold under the Quickboost guise whereas Aerobonus was dedicated to AGE items.

Apologies, the Aerobonus set comes with a pilot... 

https://spruebrothers.com/arsab320111-1-32-aerobonus-f-100-super-sabre-usaf-fighter-pilot-with-ejection-seat/

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 3:44 PM, Tony T said:

Tony 

Yep, Renaissance makes a cockpit,drop tanks,intake,wheels and shark mouth decals

https://www.renaissance-models.com/ter/index.php/avions-toutes-echelles/echelle-1-32

I wish Renaissance was producing that cockpit back when I was building my F-100! Renaissance looks to be a bit more accurate than the Aires pit, in that it doesn't have that odd spacer plate behind the seat like the Aires pit has. I've seen the plate in a cockpit trainer that had started life as a C pit but was converted to a D, so that must have been what Aires used as a reference. I think the plate was added to the sim to allow the installation of a D seat. Neither set fixes the kit's too-tall instrument panel. It should end about where the tops of the lower row of instruments is.

I found Renaissance's main gear tires to be the same diameter as the kit tires, which are too tall. Go with Reskit's or AMS's.

If you can find one, AMS Resin's F-100D seat is outstanding. Harold also made some nice drop tank noses to convert the kit 275-gal tanks to 335-gal ones for Vietnam-era jets.

The Master Details parts are great!

Ben 

22 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

I wish Renaissance was producing that cockpit back when I was building my F-100! Renaissance looks to be a bit more accurate than the Aires pit, in that it doesn't have that odd spacer plate behind the seat like the Aires pit has. I've seen the plate in a cockpit trainer that had started life as a C pit but was converted to a D, so that must have been what Aires used as a reference. I think the plate was added to the sim to allow the installation of a D seat. Neither set fixes the kit's too-tall instrument panel. It should end about where the tops of the lower row of instruments is.

I found Renaissance's main gear tires to be the same diameter as the kit tires, which are too tall. Go with Reskit's or AMS's.

If you can find one, AMS Resin's F-100D seat is outstanding. Harold also made some nice drop tank noses to convert the kit 275-gal tanks to 335-gal ones for Vietnam-era jets.

The Master Details parts are great!

Ben 

Ben

what do you say about their intake piece,tanks and the seat(that's without the parachute pack,which is correct as far as I remember)

Interesting if anyone has an opinion about their other stuff 

Isaac

Hi @iaf-man,

I don't have any experience with Renaissance's other 1/32 F-100 parts. All they had when I built mine years ago were the wheels. I do have some resin wheels and rubber tires from their auto side of the company, and they're pretty good. The resin casting isn't quite up to what you'd get from Aires or Eduard, but they're still much better than a lot of resin I've used. I wouldn't hesitate to buy their products (except the F-100 wheels ;)). Their intake lip and seat look good in the photos and their 200-gal drop tanks are the only ones I've seen in 1/32. 

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown