New KFIR C2 and C7 Conversions

dustiepal

32 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

They are currently struggling to end the C7 masters...:)

???  Not sure what you’re trying to suggest, Thierry.  I ordered both conversions and they explicitly said they were sending me both of them in the package.

6 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

???  Not sure what you’re trying to suggest, Thierry.  I ordered both conversions and they explicitly said they were sending me both of them in the package.

I didn't see the C.7 offered for sale on their site

Externally only difference are couple more pylons and some RHAW bumps maybe

Different IP and ejection seat...what's there to struggle for?

Edited by iaf-man

1 hour ago, iaf-man said:

I didn't see the C.7 offered for sale on their site

Externally only difference are couple more pylons and some RHAW bumps maybe

Different IP and ejection seat...what's there to struggle for?

Both conversions were on their site when I originally ordered them back in January.  Why the C.7 isn’t on their site currently, I can’t say.  Maybe something to do with them having to do extra work on both sets, which led to the delay.  Maybe they dropped the C.7, or maybe it will reappear later.  However, they seem to be fulfilling orders for the C.7 conversion that were made when it was still listed on the site.

This was the email I received early yesterday morning.

To Mr. Nicholas Henson, greetings and good day:

We have complete the conversions for Kfir C2 & C7, we'll be shipping your order in the following days.

Have a nice day and we excuse for the delay.

Aztec Models' Team

I believe Dave and I were one of the first if not the very first people to order.  My guess is they finished the C2 and made the parts.  Then started working on the C7.  This would have allowed them to get the C2 up and available first.  Then they can catch up on the C7 making it available afterwards.  Regardless, it's not relevant as they both are being made.  It just may be a few weeks before anyone else can order a C7 as they get caught up.

I'm actually waiting for the C7 set  (I already have all the C2 sets released by other companies). However, as I missed the opportunity to order before they removed the sets from the website I contacted them several times. It looks they forgot some components when they made the masters and also had to solve some production issues. I guess this explains the delays.

BTW, if anyone wants to do a non-Kfir Mirage like the Nesher/Dagger or M5/M50 (and maybe applicable to others), Antarki released 4-5 conversions and decals. I got the Nesher/Dagger conversion and it looks pretty nice. They are on FB. I had to message them to be sure they were selling their stuff, their messages on FB can be a little confusing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063482233058

1 hour ago, eoyguy said:

BTW, if anyone wants to do a non-Kfir Mirage like the Nesher/Dagger or M5/M50 (and maybe applicable to others), Antarki released 4-5 conversions and decals. I got the Nesher/Dagger conversion and it looks pretty nice. They are on FB. I had to message them to be sure they were selling their stuff, their messages on FB can be a little confusing

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063482233058

They indeed are selling and their parts are really nice.  I purchased the Nesher set awhile back to do the Israeli version.  It takes a little bit to get them, but they are worth the wait.

• 4 weeks later...