New KFIR C2 and C7 Conversions

dustiepal

20 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

Man I think I will get mine from Aztec directly as they are $74 instead of $130 at Hannants.  I wonder why the huge markup??

Greg

Yeah, 75% mark-up. I guess their overheads are substantially greater. 

I have an Italeri IIIC and two IIIE/Rs (one a Revell boxing) in the stash and am thinking a IIICJ, French IIIE and, if the third isn't robbed for spares during building the first pair, a 5BR with the renaissance conversion. However, the Antarki and Aztec sets look so good that I'm thinking of going bananas and latin American.

Plus there's the South African gear: acquiring another kit to make a IIIB is very appealing. 

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

My sets arrived today. I'm sorry but I'm not going to say I'm really impressed for such a price. The 3d print is sometimes terrific (e.g.the seats) sometimes asking for filling bubbles and correcting printing defaults here and there. I thought they postponed the release to ensure quality control?!? Moreover, the classical issues of many 3d prints have to be managed: numerous small print ridges on round parts (e.g. tanks) and many supports to remove on very brittle fragile parts... Canards have broken trailing edges and tips and I have the same issue with one tank. Last, I'm puzzled by the Camo colors given for the Israeli C7... Aluminium, really?

Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy Aztec took the plunge to release multiple large scale Kfir resin sets. However, a comparison with the quality of the old Isracast sets does not result in a very positive assessment... Accordingly, I would only recommend such sets to advanced modellers who really want one specific Kfir mark and specially one of the South American types such as the C10. Otherwise, the cost and required work effort will be a big bitter pill to swallow... Too bad!

Received my C2 set today after 16 days at the Langley HWDC (customs) They're obviously getting more efficient there now !

After opening the package I was quite deflated and disappointed at the quality of the printing and the damage to parts. Most of the parts have numerous pronounced ridges. So a lot of finessing, fiddling and sanding  for such a high price. Then there's the base kit to tackle too..........

Does there exist a slightly more refined 5BA nose than the Renaissance one? I'm thinking mainly about the vent on the underside. 

I really wish Italeri would further develop its Mirage kit. 

Tony 

Hi Tony,

You should contact Herbert at Antarki , antarkimodels@gmail.com, as quality concern, the best there is and first class service.

Have a BR with their conversion on the banch and hope to work on it sometime next week...

LqCjWmPl.jpg

Have fun,

Dan.