1/24 Lunar Module

Maxim61

On 1/28/2023 at 8:31 PM, Maxim61 said:

As much as I'd like to help you out, I bought the files and and cannot on sell them or copies. You can get a 1/32 LEM through Shapeways though it's expensive.They are from the same files. Search for Vincent Meen as he designed and created the files.

I don't believe I agree with this. Selling them would probably be unethical, and perhaps illegal, but sharing them would not be, at least in my opinion.

On 4/23/2023 at 1:57 AM, thierry laurent said:

I'm still amazed no company released 1/32 Apollo kits since Revell did the capsule more or less fifty years ago! This is one of the greatest human challenges we know and whereas we have kits of obscure prototypes we do not even got a LEM! I thought this would come in 2019 as documentation is easily available and the resulting model would not be that large... Another thing I cannot understand :doh:

Interesting fact, at least to me: The LEM displayed at the space museum in Florida, is supported all around to keep the landing gear from collapsing, as it was designed with the gravity of the moon in mind, and earth gravity will simply crush it.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Interesting fact, at least to me: The LEM displayed at the space museum in Florida, is supported all around to keep the landing gear from collapsing, as it was designed with the gravity of the moon in mind, and earth gravity will simply crush it.

Interesting indeed! Hopefully a plastic model would not have that problem! :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I don't believe I agree with this. Selling them would probably be unethical, and perhaps illegal, but sharing them would not be, at least in my opinion.

I still think it's a copyright issue as you would have to copy the files to send them. It would be bit like me buying the KLP publications and sending copies to all my friends that ask for a copy. I would be causing a loss of income to the author and publisher.

Edited by Maxim61

21 minutes ago, Maxim61 said:

I still think it's a copyright issue as you would have to copy the files to send them. It would be bit like me buying the KLP publications and sending copies to all my friends that ask for a copy. I would be causing a loss of income to the author and publisher.

This is correct, and you're doing the right thing by not passing them on.

Kev

I wish that making & selling .stl files and the like would become somewhat of norm, but I'm not sure that kind of thing would be profitable enough for the designers of the 3D files.

I'd be all over super accurate and detailed files for sets that I could buy and print myself.

On 11/1/2023 at 4:43 PM, Maxim61 said:

I agree mate, the honest thing to do is share a link to where you bought the files, and allow us to purchase them ourselves, rewarding the designer (therefore encouraging them to create some more 3d models)

Anyhow, I've copied all the parts from my Border Models Lanc, I'll sell them for $50 bucks per sprue (ethics be damned !) :)