Raiden "Jack" Hasegawa

Marcleon

I'm adding this very much as a "place-holder"... This GB seems a great surprise to me, starting now but with a 6 month time span... But this is a completely unstarted kit from the depths of the stash... I really need to build it someday, and always intended to do it in the box top scheme, great twin yellow lightning flashes! But I am indeed busy with a Mohawk on the bench for another GB and that will absolutely take priority... so I will get going in February probably when that one is finished, I think I will still get there. It gives me some time to find some AM seatbelts, check the kit out and see what else I may need... I don't anticipate a very complex build here,, just some fun! Some bits may be started while I wait for paint to dry on the Mohawk... Sorry I haven't even added a photo of the sprues, they are still wrapped in cellophane! Great to see so many varied subjects on this GB, some great colourful ones too! Regards, Marc

IMG-4087.jpg

Thank you for the replies Mike, Maru, Dennis and Ernest! No, it's still not started, but I found this one on the net of the actual aircraft... Always good to have some inspiration! Thin propellor blades, I think and quite a bit of weathering on the wing roots, etc, but not much of the peeling paint...

Raiden-Jack-j2m-352ndkokutai.webp

Regards,

Marc

From the various photos of Raidens I have seen, most exhibit limited paint chipping/wear around the wing roots and a bit around engine panels.

A few examples however show extensive paint flaking, seemingly following skin panels, as if the surfaces were not properly prepared before painting.

The finish is also glossy, even if that doesn’t show in most photos.

Alain