HK A20 Sprue shots

Phartycr0c

On 12/10/2022 at 12:49 AM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

That's a very good question! I hadn't thought of that, maybe the aftermarket will offer up something , hint, hint.

Here's a great site with photos,profiles,color info ,mods and drawings

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/lendlease/a-20/a-20.htm

15 minutes ago, iaf-man said:

Here's a great site with photos,profiles,color info ,mods and drawings

https://massimotessitori.altervista.org/sovietwarplanes/pages/lendlease/a-20/a-20.htm

There are some seriously cool profiles on that page. Well worth the look!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

21 hours ago, fastterry said:

Hi Finn, the A-20's in the links are marked for operation Starkey not D-day stripes. Easy way to tell is that the Starkey stripes are black/white/black/white/black whereas D-day stripes are white/black/white/black/white. Also white nose is a giveaway as well. Whirlwinds and Typhoons also participated in Op. Starkey.

TRF

These blokes didn’t get the memo…….

0G8qzP.jpg

43 minutes ago, Lee White said:

These blokes didn’t get the memo…….

0G8qzP.jpg

Yes they did, white/black/white/black/white. D-day stripes. Some were applied roughly as above and some were carefully applied by masking and spraying, it obviously depended on how close to the 6th and maybe if it was the CO's aircraft.

TRF

16 minutes ago, fastterry said:

Yes they did, white/black/white/black/white. D-day stripes. Some were applied roughly as above and some were carefully applied by masking and spraying, it obviously depended on how close to the 6th and maybe if it was the CO's aircraft.

TRF

No, look closely at the wing stripes, tell me what's off.......

Ok, did some research seems like the innermost stripe is filthy white,where i thought it was camo.

Edited by Lee White

Further ramblings. I know that no matter what variant of a new kit that comes out there are always folks who say too bad, I'd buy one if it was the C instead of the B but I think that HKM have missed the boat on this one. There are a lot of schemes for earlier versions of A-20's. Think the RAF and allies in Europe, the MTO and the allies in the SWPA. Of course I will buy one if HKM release an earlier version and do it in RAAF livery.

TRF

16 hours ago, fastterry said:

Further ramblings. I know that no matter what variant of a new kit that comes out there are always folks who say too bad, I'd buy one if it was the C instead of the B but I think that HKM have missed the boat on this one. There are a lot of schemes for earlier versions of A-20's. Think the RAF and allies in Europe, the MTO and the allies in the SWPA. Of course I will buy one if HKM release an earlier version and do it in RAAF livery.

TRF

I tend to agree with you on the versions , some folks wanted a different version than the one that's rendered. speaking for ME , they hit this one out of the park as the G is my favorite however I will get the earlier versions when/if they come out. i don't think they missed the boat , they just took the first one out , pretty sure they'll be sailing the others , horses for courses.

On 12/11/2022 at 3:42 AM, fastterry said:

Hi Finn, the A-20's in the links are marked for operation Starkey not D-day stripes. Easy way to tell is that the Starkey stripes are black/white/black/white/black whereas D-day stripes are white/black/white/black/white. Also white nose is a giveaway as well. Whirlwinds and Typhoons also participated in Op. Starkey.

another learning day for me, never knew this, thanks.