1/32 Me 262B-1,  Revell or Trumpeter?

Tolga ULGUR

9 minutes ago, Mark P said:

I am sure Kevin would want you to look at this:

Building the Revell Me 262B-1/U1 Nachtjäger in 1/32 Scale – KLP Publishing

Based on a great build here on LSP if you want to get into the Revell kit in more detail.

HTH

Mark Proulx

7 minutes ago, Mark P said:

I think the biggest con of the Revell kit is the poor fit of the nose cowls when attempting to pose them in the closed position.

HTH

Mark Proulx

Thank you Mark, appreciated.

Unlike Mark, I haven't built the Revell 262 kit but the Trumpeter one (which I have) suffers from the exact same problem with the gun panels on the nose as Mark mentions. The Trumpeter kit was clearly designed to have the nose guns showing. They can be blended in (if you want them closed) but be prepared for a lot of filling and sanding if you do.

Other than that and any other overall accuracy issues aside, the Trumpeter 262 kit overall (I thought) was certainly one of their 'A' Team efforts compared to other offerings in their range.

Gary 

I agree with Gary's statement above that this certainly an "A" team effort from Trumpeter. However, the superior wing slat detail made the Revell kit the preferred option IMHO as I was asked to offer an opinion between the two. Obviously, price/availability needs to be considered too. I think a nice 262 kit can be built from either kit.

HTH

Mark Proulx

17 minutes ago, Gary Needham said:

Unlike Mark, I haven't built the Revell 262 kit but the Trumpeter one (which I have) suffers from the exact same problem with the gun panels on the nose as Mark mentions. The Trumpeter kit was clearly designed to have the nose guns showing. They can be blended in (if you want them closed) but be prepared for a lot of filling and sanding if you do.

Other than that and any other overall accuracy issues aside, the Trumpeter 262 kit overall (I thought) was certainly one of their 'A' Team efforts compared to other offerings in their range.

Gary 

Agreed.

Same issue on nose gun section of my recently finished A-2a. I had to struggle to fix that area