Still alive and kicking

AlbertD

Hey guys, it's been a long while since I've been here. My wife had a stroke and of course she was my number one priority. It was a pretty significant stroke with complete loss of use of her left arm and weakness in her left leg. Her mind was affected too but not as badly as it could have been. She has very poor short term memory and much of our early years together are just a blur for her. She is still mostly herself and has taken up coloring which has been great for both of us. This is not how we planned to spend retirement but we are learning to make the best of it. We are lucky in that she is able to have home care 4 or 5 days a week for about 5 hours a day. That is a huge help for me. It gives me time to get out and run errands without worrying about her and once she is settled into her coloring she is happy to let me go about my business unless she needs something. 

I am just getting back into my model building. I have been going slow with a couple of car models but I'm close to getting my Tamiya Corsair back on television bench. I'll have to find the build log and get it going again. I'm also looking forward to catching up on all the builds I've missed. Of course modeling will take a back seat to my wife but I should be able to get back into it pretty well. It's a good escape and diversion too. Besides my wife is pushing me to get back to my hobbies. Who am I to say no?

I sure have missed you guys, Al 

Welcome back, Al! So sorry to hear about your wife, but it sounds like you guys have things covered, and are making the best of it. I hope you get the opportunity to spend some quality time at the bench, and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Kev

6 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Welcome back, Al! So sorry to hear about your wife, but it sounds like you guys have things covered, and are making the best of it. I hope you get the opportunity to spend some quality time at the bench, and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Kev

Thanks Kev, I really appreciate it. We are actually doing pretty well under the circumstances. 

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Still alive and kicking