Hobbyworld-USA

ivanmoe

• 3 weeks later...

I initiated this thread, so I thought that I should post a substantive update regarding the website in question. It appears that the proprietor has upgraded his online store and it likewise appeared operational when I visited last night. There are very few vendors who handle MRP paints in the USA, and Hobbyworld-USA is one of them. Not trying to sell y'all anything, but here's a link: http://hobbyworld-usa.com/index.php?id_lang=1

Edited by ivanmoe
added link

• 6 months later...

So, in January of this year, I placed an order with HobbyWorld, from their impressive website.  About $65 worth - enough to get me pretty rankled when not getting any response whatsoever as to status of this order, after not receiving the merchandise for over three months yet being charged for it immediately after placing the order.  I suspect some of my order is back-ordered, but even so - to not give a customer any idea of the status after all this time, and to be ignored after sending e-mails, FB posts, and phone call messages (they do not answer the phone) - that is entirely unacceptable.  They have my money (but hopefully not for much longer as I am working with my bank to get the charge reversed).

It is my wish to broadcast over the modeling world this business and its poor business practices.  Yet I suspect the good folks at LSP do not wish their forum to be a place for destroying hobby businesses (or heavily advocating them).  Just letting y'all know - the issues persist.  In spades.

Edited by JayW

• 3 weeks later...

I too had a similar issue each time I've ordered from them.  The last order (Nov 2021) was for 50 or so bottles of paint.  After months, and multiple contact attempts he did not respond to anything, until I contacted the credit card company and reported the issue - at which time he decided to see if I would wait some more.  Nope - not ever again.  

Global supply issues being what they are, and shipping seems to be just as wonky these days, but the issues encountered on my end are purely a function of the owner and how he chooses to run his business, which is unfortunate. Matt "carries" a bunch of items at a great price, but he consistently does not deliver.  

Cheers.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:53 AM, JayW said:

So, in January of this year, I placed an order with HobbyWorld, from their impressive website.  About $65 worth - enough to get me pretty rankled when not getting any response whatsoever as to status of this order, after not receiving the merchandise for over three months yet being charged for it immediately after placing the order.  I suspect some of my order is back-ordered, but even so - to not give a customer any idea of the status after all this time, and to be ignored after sending e-mails, FB posts, and phone call messages (they do not answer the phone) - that is entirely unacceptable.  They have my money (but hopefully not for much longer as I am working with my bank to get the charge reversed).

It is my wish to broadcast over the modeling world this business and its poor business practices.  Yet I suspect the good folks at LSP do not wish their forum to be a place for destroying hobby businesses (or heavily advocating them).  Just letting y'all know - the issues persist.  In spades.

1 hour ago, chaos07 said:

I too had a similar issue each time I've ordered from them.  The last order (Nov 2021) was for 50 or so bottles of paint.  After months, and multiple contact attempts he did not respond to anything, until I contacted the credit card company and reported the issue - at which time he decided to see if I would wait some more.  Nope - not ever again.  

Global supply issues being what they are, and shipping seems to be just as wonky these days, but the issues encountered on my end are purely a function of the owner and how he chooses to run his business, which is unfortunate. Matt "carries" a bunch of items at a great price, but he consistently does not deliver.  

Cheers.

He owes me for three bottles of paint from last year. At that time, I was trying to source MRP and he was one of the few NA vendors who appeared to carry it. And don't worry, it's not just you two gentlemen. Check out the store's reviews on its FB page:

https://m.facebook.com/hobbyworldUSAUSA/reviews/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Guess I'm an outlier, because I've had success ordering from them.  One time, there was a massive delay in an order, but it did eventually arrive. Everything else came pretty quickly and correctly. Won't speak to other experiences though.

Matt