IBG P.11C

Uncarina

Oh lord, I love this kit!:wub:

I bought it blindly, trusting the firm and willing encourage the subject's choice (please, santa klaus, let me see a 1/32 karas).

your gorgeous start confirm my feelings about its building, I have to reconsider my priority list on the bench!

2 hours ago, mc65 said:

Oh lord, I love this kit!:wub:

I bought it blindly, trusting the firm and willing encourage the subject's choice (please, santa klaus, let me see a 1/32 karas).

your gorgeous start confirm my feelings about its building, I have to reconsider my priority list on the bench!

Thank you! You won’t be sorry. I’m finding this to be a big mojo restarter.

1 hour ago, petrov27 said:

Looking fantastic there - really coming along well!

Kit looks great and seems like nice aftermarkets to improve on it gotta get me one :)

Thank you! I’d love to see more builds of this kit. It certainly deserves it!

Cheers,  Tom

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Really looks great Tom!

The cockpit detail and raised rivets really do look exceptional.

Thank you Brian! Broadly it is similar to ICM’s aircraft in terms of buildability, detail, and fit. But for an equivalent or cheaper price you get a comprehensive photoetch set included. 

2 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Awesome start! Those Bitzkrieg parts really do improve things, look like they're worth the cost.

Matt 

Thanks Matt! Those parts really add some nice detail, but if I were to pick just one it would be the prop set; this seems to be the only area where IBG had shape issues.

Cheers,  Tom

And it has legs!

JB6GfqE.jpg

QxjkD2m.jpg

The landing gear legs fit securely to the fuselage, and the photoetch struts lend a lot of strength. Not sure how securely the wheels will fit, but we will cross that bridge later. In the meantime, I am assembling everything that will be the main color. Accounts vary, but I am planning to go with MRP RLM 81. The entire fuselage, the legs, and all the struts get this color, so just the underside of the  wings and tailplanes get the underside color, and I'll be using MRP RLM 76 for this.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Yesterday I assembled the wings. The kit provides a few options: one, two, or no bombs per wing, and the presence or absence of wing guns. I'm building mine with no bombs and the guns. The kit provides locating holes for the machine guns; don't use them because they won't line the barrel up with the hole in the wing. Instead, the kit instructions show using a photoetch frame for the guns, and an outline on the lower wings for placement. I used this and the barrels will line up. I'm using the Master barrels so I've cut off the kit parts. The Master (AM-32-120) set also includes the ring and bead sight and a detailed venturi tube. The wings fit together really well, but I removed the locating pins to make it easier. The photos show the unsanded wings just placed on the fuselage to show how well everything goes together:

tW3JmRv.jpg

WPC9gP8.jpg

iufW4GD.jpg

Cheers,  Tom