Das Werk 1/16 Sturmgeshutz III ( STUG III )

Uncarina

Agreed, and look at that, all the parts for an L, J and M in one kit. I guess no N is a little bummer, but easily converted from whats there.

Why Das Werk is offering the  kits with less options is baffling to me.. 

Edited by eoyguy

4 hours ago, Finn said:

Posted on the Trumpeter site in the Product Update section:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/Uploads/202201/61efb60823d7f.jpg

German Sd.Kfz 173 Jagdpanther Early Version

Item No.: 00934  Scale: 1:16

and additional info about the MC Panzer III kit:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10852064

Jari

Mine!

22 hours ago, Finn said:

Posted on the Trumpeter site in the Product Update section:

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/Uploads/202201/61efb60823d7f.jpg

German Sd.Kfz 173 Jagdpanther Early Version

Item No.: 00934  Scale: 1:16

and additional info about the MC Panzer III kit:

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10852064

Jari

Great news!!!!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for those links Finn,

Well, it's obvious that they've used a bunch of sprues from the Panther G kit (which would be applicable) and they seem to have gotten the rear deck correct (based on what they're showing in the sprues and from what I'm seeing in my Jagdpanther Panzer tracts book (Jentz & Doyle).  The interior parts that come from their Panther G kits have not been improved upon so that's a relatively sad revelation (several of the parts require modification and or replacement).  The kugelblende hull machine gun looks to also come from their Panther G kit.  It is incomplete and will need to be finished (or an aftermarket one procured from AFV Modeler).  I have to dig around as I'm not sure of the answer but since the first Jagdpanthers  were based on the Panther A hull, the box shaped brake/transmission air duct may be correct. I'd be very happy if that were the case as scratch building the tube ducting for my Panther G was a royal pain.

The single piece gun barrel sort of limits the choices of which vehicles you can model but I don't see that as a huge problem though.  The aftermarket companies (Aber?) may release a metal, two-piece gun to replace the one in the kit.  I also did not see any mention of a metal gun barrel being included in this kit.  I also wouldn't be surprised if someone released an early "bolted" version of the gun recess (which would be applicable to Jagdpanther G1's).  To their credit, Trumpeter seems to have gotten the cooling air pipes on the exhaust (optional parts that were added in July 1944 (Jentz & Doyle, p. 9-3-36). 

It does look the part and I may pick one of these up.  However, with the number of models I have already and the time it takes to build one of these (even semi-properly), takes a giant bite out of my modeling life.  The current Panther I'm building has taken a year and a half so far and I'm only now just ready to close the hull.  I do NOT fancy the cleanup and painting of 50+ rounds of 88mm ammunition.  I did 85 rounds of 75mm ammunition and that was a huge chore!  I won't even mention the individual track links.

yPM5tua.jpg

My answer for track links is do them while drinking a nice wine (sometimes out if a sippy cup).  The tracks are tedious at best. I cannot let them wreck my brain. Gb

Especially in 1/16 scale my rule if you will not see it then do not work too hard at it.  I have 42 ammo rounds that will be very visible with in the crew space of my Marder III so I will make nice with them. 

-

Edited by Rick Griewski
Spelling