Special Hobby F-80C

Ayovan

3 hours ago, D Bellis said:

Special Hobby has one of the most awesome service departments ever. Contact them through this form, and you should have that missing part in no time:

https://www.specialhobby.eu/en/claims/?force_sid=79meknp3a1vo0n8gg3cci5r572

HTH,

D

To use the website I would have had to purchase direct from Special Hobby. I bought from a private seller on ebay. Doooh! :doh:

I sent them an email asking to buy the parts or even the entire sprue D if possible. Hopefully they'll get back to me.

Edited by Ayovan

1 hour ago, Ayovan said:

To use the website I would have had to purchase direct from Special Hobby.

Doh! is right. That fine print wasn't there last year when I requested a new cowl sprue for a SH P-36 kit that arrived from Model Hobbies with a crushed box and broken parts. 

My bad.

I'm sure they'll be on top of your email pronto, though.

D

I got an email from Special Hobby this morning. Ondrej found a spare sprue D in the warehouse that I can have for 2 euro ($2.40)+ shipping. Excellent customer service, even though I didn't purchase from them :). I guarantee I will in the future though.

I have been re-scribing and riviting for a couple days on the F-80. I fixed the wing fillet panel lines on the bottom of the fuselage, and went over a lot of the rivet details. I wish I had more done, but I can only work on it for so long before I start going cross eyed :D. I don't know how some of you guys do a whole airplane with rivets... 

Andy

Edited by Ayovan

Hi Andy,

Excellent customer service from Special Hobby!

And good progress with the rivets and the panel lines.

Good that you stopped in time before getting cross-eyed. :D

I look forward seeing some paint on it!

Cheers,

Peter

18 minutes ago, mgbooyv8 said:

Hi Andy,

Excellent customer service from Special Hobby!

And good progress with the rivets and the panel lines.

Good that you stopped in time before getting cross-eyed. :D

I look forward seeing some paint on it!

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I'll get primer on either today or tomorrow, then a coat of gloss black maybe by end of the week. I followed Alex's "In The Navy" build thread for his Claude, and JeffT's P-47 build. Both were very informative for the application of Alclad, and I will try to borrow some of their techniques. I hope to get a decent finish, at least 1/2 as good as either one of theirs.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I’m sure you will succeed, especially with such excellent guidance!

The key to succesful application of Alclad is a very smooth surface and building up the metal paint in thin layers.

Make sure you ventilatie well, Alclad is very smelly stuff.

Cheers,

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

A fun kit...it can get exasperating with the fit of some components.  I used Tru-details cockpit and wheel wells and it was an ordeal...but worth it in the end!

Looking really good!

Tim W

On 7/14/2021 at 5:24 AM, TimW said:

A fun kit...it can get exasperating with the fit of some components.  I used Tru-details cockpit and wheel wells and it was an ordeal...but worth it in the end!

Looking really good!

Tim W

Thanks Tim 

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I've been under the weather for a couple of weeks, so there's no real progress at this point. I'll be knocking the dust off, and getting back at it this weekend. 

Andy

8 minutes ago, TimW said:

You're doing great--I had to get pretty creative with the putty when I built mine.

I actually have very little putty on this model. My biggest problem was with the intakes, but even that wasn't all that bad. 

1 hour ago, Ayovan said:

I actually have very little putty on this model. My biggest problem was with the intakes, but even that wasn't all that bad. 

I used the True Details wheel well/air brake replacement.  Fit was not the best.

Next time, probably just use kit parts!

• 1 year later...