32nd Mirage IIID2Z (with ScaleWorx conversion set)

Mistral

Thanks Kev and BlackB. I really appreciate the positive sentiments.

Thanks Marcel. Always good to know that someone else likes the finish. I'm very critical of my own work and was a bit concerned that the wash would not work out.

On 4/29/2021 at 6:58 PM, Madmax said:

Ooh, that is looking fantastic Malcolm! I really like the improvements to the gear legs and the canopy framing - very cleverly done.

Thanks Sean :)

On 5/2/2021 at 11:01 AM, Horrido109 said:

Come on mr Weideman.. I can't wait for my set, need to start it soon :shrug:

My good friend Theo says they look amazing in the flesh. Now please post mine John :D

Ja meneer. Have you placed your order ??? If I may ask, who is Theo and where did he see this ? He may have been at a Jix model evening but I don't know all the guys.

And now it's finally on it's legs. The odd thing with this camo is that the sweeping up of the buff on the port side just aft of the nose antiglare panel makes the nose look like it's pointing away form the camera. I've checked : it's straight....:ninja::unsure:

20210427_155832(0) - 800

20210427_155634 - 800

20210427_155651 - 800

20210427_155657 - 800

Now to complete the canopy masking and paint that, add the interior bits and bobs (seats, joysticks, rearview mirrors, canopy actuator arms and blast screen for the rear cockpit), the JL-100s, drag chute cap, pitot probe and exhaust and its done.

12 hours ago, Mistral said:

Hi Vic. Would love to answer for John but I'm afraid I can't :ph34r::ninja:. All I'm doing is a test build :closedeyes:

Howzit Malcolm,

My fault sorry bud, for some reason I thought I replied to John..

I'm blaming it on my age :mental:

OK, another one done. Like I said in the build sequence above, I've kept it clean as they were in a gloss finish and well maintained by the SAAF :

IMG_5063 - 800

IMG_5062 - 800

Had to lighten these two to show the undersides. The blue in the photo is a bit too turquoise .....

IMG_5140 - 800

IMG_5139 - 800