God Hand side cutters review

mpk

The package says GH, PN120.  I know I found them for $49.XX, just under $50 on Amazon.  I was looking for a cheaper brand/ version and when I found out they were all knock-offs and made in China, I knew I wanted GH Japan original.  The nipper also has an etched in JAPAN on the head of the nipper also.  Works (IMHO) extremely well.  I was happy when I tried it out and cut so close the sprue tree.  I believe you're the one that originally brought up this topic late last year?  You sparked my curiosity and I haven't looked back.  Someone did comment they dropped theirs and the edge broke.  I keep the tool protective cover on at all times.. This would be me to drop the tool after paying $50.      

I have the two Dspiae cutters very happy but my go to cutters for years was Lindstrom https://www.heamar.co.uk/cutters/284-lindstrom-8142-80-series-cutter-7314150051007.html?gmc=3&gclid=Cj0KCQiAyoeCBhCTARIsAOfpKxjEaiZXDzsqUtPSGRZUeSjDQhLxxJKEykug-hbb8Gnm42NXpc8h4fwaAgxNEALw_wcB

Again not cheap but they keep going and are way more robust than the others plus the range of other hand tools is great.

Bob

6 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

The package says GH, PN120.  I know I found them for $49.XX, just under $50 on Amazon.  I was looking for a cheaper brand/ version and when I found out they were all knock-offs and made in China, I knew I wanted GH Japan original.  The nipper also has an etched in JAPAN on the head of the nipper also.  Works (IMHO) extremely well.  I was happy when I tried it out and cut so close the sprue tree.  I believe you're the one that originally brought up this topic late last year?  You sparked my curiosity and I haven't looked back.  Someone did comment they dropped theirs and the edge broke.  I keep the tool protective cover on at all times.. This would be me to drop the tool after paying $50.      

I am glad they worked out for you. We've had very high humidity over our summer. Last Wednesday it was 84%. I think this was hard on the GH. Mine is the higher end model. I need to give it a good soak in oil.

The blue handle ones are SPN120, I brought a pair of them about 2 years ago in Aus for $55 or $57 Australian and they are still working fine, when new stock arrived in country they went up tp over a $100 but can be had for a bit cheaper if you shop around. They were a great investment, I also have perchased the DSPIAE version 2 for $55 and keep them for when the God Hands die if they ever do. Cheers Bob.

37 minutes ago, TankBuster said:

The blue handle ones are SPN120, I brought a pair of them about 2 years ago in Aus for $55 or $57 Australian and they are still working fine, when new stock arrived in country they went up tp over a $100 but can be had for a bit cheaper if you shop around. They were a great investment, I also have perchased the DSPIAE version 2 for $55 and keep them for when the God Hands die if they ever do. Cheers Bob.

I must've got a Monday morning job.

Typical. Woe is me. :D