BPK 1/72 B737-100

LSP_Kevin

I recently took possession of this kit after its 4-month journey from Ukraine to Australia, and there seemed to be some interest in it when I posted about it in my Airfix 737 thread, so I thought I'd post a few photos of the kit's contents in a separate thread for the edification of anyone who's interested.

Disclaimer: this is NOT a review! Just a few in-box photos, largely without comment or judgement. I'll preface any comments I do make, however, by saying that I haven't read through the instructions properly, and answers to any questions I pose may in fact reside there.

Enjoy!

Firstly, the box:

yfvBna.jpg

And its contents:

PUdYO3.jpg

Basically, everything except the two fuselage halves are housed in nested, resealable plastic bags. This includes the instructions and decals, though in this photo I've already removed those for a cursory inspection, so they're just lying at the bottom of the box.

Ge4lxw.jpg

Fuselage halves:

PSMszc.jpg

As you can see, each half has an elongated rectangular recess for the clear window parts to sit in:

GNlJiM.jpg

These, oddly, are two different lengths, both of which are longer than the provided recesses, so will need to be trimmed to size. Presumably they're shared with the -200 kit, and so need to fit both. Don't really know, to be honest.

The inside of each fuselage half features the only sign of any kind of injection point:

xG2AZQ.jpg

There is, of course, no interior detail, so it's a scratch-builder's paradise if you feel so inclined!

Here's a photo of the mating surfaces, which are less than pristine:

czCjQ4.jpg

You'll need to treat this much like you would a vac kit, though the plastic itself is quite sturdy.

Surface detail seems largely OK:

lynd4H.jpg

The windscreen parts are odd, in that there's two of them, and they're completely different:

QOMi0G.jpg

KL2c95.jpg

YBgv0B.jpg

Only the first one is required for this kit, so I'm not sure what the second one is all about.

Here's the rest of the plastic:

0Q34rE.jpg

yL0Qkw.jpg

2xdbYM.jpg

HiKUyk.jpg

E11ir4.jpg

IqiltF.jpg

4cnGvZ.jpg

nwl5fZ.jpg

KjItsN.jpg

The wheels are a combination of injection-moulded hubs and rubber wheels:

Sfoalu.jpg

These hub parts seem moulded to a higher standard than the rest of the kit, which is interesting.

Next up is a small bag of resin detail parts, and what appears to be an injection-moulded nose cone:

lk08sv.jpg

The side of the box says that the resin parts are provided by Res/Kit, which bodes well for their quality.

A small photo-etch sheet is provided, along with a small section of thicker brass sheet, for unknown purposes:

YNaVq2.jpg

Instructions are by way of a nicely printed A5 booklet:

rLqzUb.jpg

And finally we have the decals, in this case covering classic Singapore Air and Lufthansa liveries:

lRu360.jpg

Note the cockpit instrumentation decals! They appear to be screen-printed, but I can't make any meaningful comments other than that.

There we have it! I'll answer any questions I can if you have them. I also have their 737-800 kit on its way to me now, so I'll do a similar in-box photo shoot when it arrives.

Kev

16 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Great to see it arrived, looks like it was worth the wait, big question is, Lufthansa or Singapore? 

Well, as it happens: both! You see, only a couple of days before this one arrived, I contacted BPK and requested that they ship another one out, as we both agreed that this one was probably lost by now. I took the opportunity to bundle the -800 kit in as well, and both are on their way to me now. Lo and behold, this one finally arrives on my doorstep a few days later! So when the replacement package arrives, I'll actually have two. If I get a sensible offer from someone local in need, I'll consider selling one of them, but failing that, I'm quite happy to build both kits, and showcase both liveries.

And I just wanted to say that, after being initially frustrated by Aleksey's just wait approach to my concerns over the whereabouts of the package (which turned out to be correct anyway), his response since has been fantastic. Not only did he offer to have me pay for the new package only upon receiving it, but he also covered the postage himself. When the first package showed up only days after he shipped out its replacement, I repaid his faith and generosity by reimbursing him for the cost of the second kit. I thought it only fair.

Kev