yellow three me 262

dashotgun

I first started this in 2015-2016.   I am now retired but  work then was very draining and stressful( general surgeon working as a  surgicalist in a hospital)  So the  ac got put away. It did not help that the  fluorescent light in my diy   spray booth fell off and knocked one of the engine nacelles off ocuh.  I retired in 2017 but lost the drive to build along with   many other  life events(grandpa)  I still participated here and meant to get back to it eventually.  I took up the mantel and  got back on the  horse and finished it up.  Thanks to Thunnus for inspiration David Brown for info on this particular ac and Michael swinburn for sourcing   the D/L antenna which  took a flight into the wild blue. Yellow 3 was an early build so it had the early scissor links on the nose wheel and you had to delete the pouches on the  access doors of the cannons.  It is also well worn the only picture of it is nose down in a dump after the war but you can see how worn the paint was.  It was an interesting process to create the worn look.  I did a partial   wip  on it but did not include the earlier paint work.  It basically had a  speckled irregular   under coat   thin main coat weathered with pastels and watercolors .  The mask allowed me to weather the markings as well. Other than decals   , masks, nano mold seatbelts(great thing they are)  and  barracuda wheels the  ac is stock trumpeter.  This ac aIso had the original wooden rudder and  square tail light that  was made by cutting off he part of tail and blending  in a piece of  clear plastic with uv glue.  I love AM but it does complicate and slow and already slow process for me. One error was the wing walk silvered old decals and despite a glossy base under it.  they are hard to cut as  vinyl stencils on my cameo  I think that hgw makes some wet dry decal  or next time may use the dry transfers for that.  The vehicles are a  21 century die cast the kettenkrad is a ZM I just built posted   ready for inspection today

p4082648835-6.jpg

p4113527868-6.jpg

p4113527866-6.jpg

p4113527870-6.jpg

p4113527869-6.jpg

p4113528023-6.jpg

p4113528064-6.jpg

p4113530207-6.jpg

p4113530208-6.jpg

Edited by dashotgun