Priller Double Thriller Part 2 - Trumpeter Bf 109 E3 1940 Complete

Panzerwomble

• Panzerwomble changed the title to Priller Double Thriller Part 2 - Trumpeter Bf 109 E3 1940 Complete
34 minutes ago, dmthamade said:

Seriously, just over a week!? Looks great!! How was the kit regarding fit/engineering? The Hasegawa 1/32 Messerschmitts are hard to find, Trumpeter kits seem to be easier to find.

Don

Er ...yes I guess so.. two full weekends is probably closer to the truth. Did I say I don't get out much :crying:??

Personally I found this one ok for fit . Wing to fuse was good -nil filler , fuse closed up ok without any dramas (apparently the DB601 is a bit undersized?) , undercarriage legs are flimsy and I had to build a little alignment jig to get them in roughly the right position ( compared to the big square peg mounting of the Revell 190 ) *. Canopy wasn't great for fit or clarity, the PE stuff was ok . I liked the way the tail wheel can rotate , makes damaging it harder  ! 

Must admit I'm not a huge LSPer , but from a general modelling perspective of built it from the box , no big issues. For under 30GBP delivered from China I found it a steal . It looks pretty much like a 109E to me but again this is far from my area of expertise . I save my modelling OCD for things like incorrect track cleats on 1/35 armour ...:mental:

There is another thread bouncing around on the forum saying there is a much better 1/32 Emil accuracy wise , but like a few others found , getting hold of it in current climate seems impossible , and by the time I read it , this was winging it's way towards me . 

Guy 

* Edit - looking again at the pics they look a bit kicked forward to much now I have a clear comparison .

Edited by Panzerwomble
Correction .