Updated 7/1/21 : Tamiya 1/35 JGSDF Type 74 MBT. Completed.

mpk

• mpk changed the title to Updated 7/1/21 : Tamiya 1/35 JGSDF Type 74 MBT. Completed.

Thanks Chris.

The boy is due tomorrow at 4 pm. He usually arrives on his bike. I asked his mum to drive him and later return him home.

At this time he has no idea he's getting a model. Xavier is his name. Lovely kid. Practice's diligently. He's been eyeing the models and enjoys looking at them.

I'm glad I got an extra couple of days. :)

9 hours ago, mpk said:

Thanks very much. Last night I was looking through some of my Tamiya kits. I think the oldest was 1974.

Some of their older stuff I personally feel is still worth building despite being way behind the times:-  this one , the early PzIV D , M41, Sdkfz 222 ,even their early Hanomag, to name a few . Others are worth avoiding IMHO- Leopard 1, and the truly terrible Panther A both of which don't even bear more that superficials resemblance to the real thing . . 

1 hour ago, mpk said:

Wow. Thanks! I have a few old Tamiya kits but they still look good.

I will avoid the panther and leopard. :goodjob:

Just FYI Revells Leopard 1 is a decent kit without a lot of expense , and the Ausf G and D Tamiya's newer ( 1990's tooling) Panthers are both good . No idea why they still bother with the older A .