Fly Hurricane Mk.I

Dave J

29 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Haven't built any of mine yet, but the contours and dimensions should be

fine as most of the molds came from HPH. The wheels are too small and

the tires are too big. Needs a set of Roy's http://barracudacals.com/proddetail.php?prod=BR32426

32426%20Hurricane%204%20slot%20web%20ima

What are the PCM wheels like? I have a set if those from a previous failure.

I don't remember during the research for my build reading any complaints about the overall accuracy of the model -- it generally gets high praise for its treatment of the surface detail, which is almost all raised.

But as far as the build goes, it wasn't very much fun as I remember.  The interior cockpit frame was a royal pain in the butt and the wings did not fit well at all.  Hurricane models are notorious for not providing enough dihedral and this one wasn't much different.  Also, I found that the styrene canopy doesn't fit in the closed position.  You can see the gap in this photo below towards the rear lower edge how it sits a couple of millimeters off the fuselage side.  If I remember correctly, you could at the time order a vacuformed canopy from Fly -- I don't know if that is still available but it would be highly recommended.  The tail wheel strut is really fragile so don't add it until the very end.  As it is today, this model sits with a piece of wood propping the tail wheel up because I have no faith it will hold the weight of the model over time.

qAJwiL9.jpg

Edited by Lee_K