Icelandic Fine Arts Buccaneer Gulf War Markings

Scotsman

For those out there with a Buc model still waiting to be built , and a hankering for a sand finish , I've just sen on the Big H Future Release pages,  2 Gulf War Buc sheets covering all, I think, of the Buc s used on Op Granby ,  wonderful nose art and all.. 

Gulf War Sheet  1

Sheet 2

Good Luck all those who waited for these markings.. I'll stick with Green/Grey!

Why would a decal manufacturer produce an expensive set of decal sheets for a limited production resin model?

I suggest he might know something we don't!

Perhaps Trumpeter/HB or Revell have a surprise waiting for us!   :rolleyes:

While I'd love to see an IM 1/32 Buccaneer  , like Blabkbetty I really wouldn't get your hopes up, Remember its's a big model requiring a huge investment in tooling and despite my love for  the beast its really a niche product , operated by the RAF/RN with only 15 operated by the SAAF 

I think Kits World RE SIMPLY responding to requests from the likes of me with a kit looking for decals and nothing else unfortunately . Remember  all the sheet produced by them have essentially been enlargements of their 72/48th scale sheets with little or no apparent changes made to match the actual kit , and while he printing costs there will have been costs associated with printing these sheets , it's nothing compared to the costs of producing the smaller sheets which have a much higher sales volume, I'm sure Jennings could provide actual costs associated with such a project , 

I've been looking at these Gulf war sheets and lusting after another big Buc  , I'm not sure I could go through the 9 month struggle that my original one required ,

However  if alan did fancy doing another production batch , something tells me , I would be there with my hands out ...sad isn't it!

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 9:46 PM, Royboy said:

Why would a decal manufacturer produce an expensive set of decal sheets for a limited production resin model?

I suggest he might know something we don't!

Perhaps Trumpeter/HB or Revell have a surprise waiting for us!   :rolleyes:

Not at all Roy, Nigel has produced these because we asked him to and KW have come up with the goods. I wish I could say there is going to be a mainstream Buccaneer kit but unfortunately I cant. 

1 minute ago, Phartycr0c said:

Not at all Roy, Nigel has produced these because we asked him to and KW have come up with the goods. I wish I could say there is going to be a mainstream Buccaneer kit but unfortunately I cant. 

I'm sure, but it's very unusual for a manufacturer to spend big money on producing decals for a non existant IM kit?

I hope they've sold well for him, and as an aside it does reassure me that perhaps I'm not the only one that enjoys collecting decals that will never see a model kit!

Hope springs eternal though!!!   :whistle: :)

In fact, Nigel produced Three sheets to satisfy our ardour. The gulf war sheet, international users and test aircraft. They are blow ups of the 48th scale sheets so not completely new but great that they have accommodated us. I believe everyone who has bought the kit has obtained a sheet. 

As with all things, ultimately it will always come down to sales to encourage other subjects in the future.

If we ever get a Buccaneer in 1/32 scale these sheets will come in very handy, although I bought all of the Jaguar sheets at the time in a pique of enthusiasm, alas, I'm still waiting for said kit after all this time!!   :wacko: