Anyone fancy building a Mirage 2000

Carries on the fine tradition of the Mirage III/5.

I've heard the kit is a tail sitter without a nose weight. Is that true? The NLG looks quite dainty if so. 

Tony 

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

Carries on the fine tradition of the Mirage III/5.

I've heard the kit is a tail sitter without a nose weight. Is that true? The NLG looks quite dainty if so. 

Tony 

If you build it like it's creator intended (i.e. in flight), you won't have that problem:)

Saw its Farnborough debut back in the 80s. Only overshadowed by it's bigger - and noisier-  Mirage 4000 brother.

The M2000 is also one of those few aircraft that look even better as a two seater.

49 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Too bad the story of the full movie was so far-fetched as the flight scenes were incredible (no model nor CGI anywhere!). 

What...?  Did they blow up a real Mirage 2000?

49 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Too bad the story of the full movie was so far-fetched as the flight scenes were incredible (no model nor CGI anywhere!). 

What none of that was CGI ? 

it looks so wierd, maybe the youtube compression but I was having difficulty believing some of it was real..

21 hours ago, jenshb said:

If you build it like it's creator intended (i.e. in flight), you won't have that problem:)

That does not answer the question. I could potentially stick it up someone's rear — ouch! — but that wouldn't answer the c/g issue either.

Tony 

13 minutes ago, Tony T said:

That does not answer the question. I could potentially stick it up someone's rear — ouch! — but that wouldn't answer the c/g issue either.

Tony 

But that would be unrealistic.  Aircraft aren't designed to do that.

2 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I checked and we have no review here to confirm, but I suspect the radome is hollow, and some weight could easily be dumped in there.

Yes, but is the NLG too dainty to cope with that? Which was what I was alluding to. I think it may  — dunno for sure :shrug: — need Ali's brass treatment. 

I like planes on a stick too but that's for whittled, varnished wood or vintage Airfix and Frog 1/72, not modern detailed 1/32 plastic kits.   

Tony 

12 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Yes, but is the NLG too dainty to cope with that? Which was what I was alluding to. I think it may  — dunno for sure :shrug: — need Ali's brass treatment. 

I like planes on a stick too but that's for whittled, varnished wood or vintage Airfix and Frog 1/72, not modern detailed 1/32 plastic kits.   

Tony 

Well, with no kit handy and no review here, I have no idea how the nose gear might hold up, or even how it's configured. Sounds like a job for S.O.W. to me.