Test Build: 1:32 Flying Start Models Tornado F Mk.3 Conversion (Revell base)

Iain

On 7/31/2022 at 7:46 AM, Isar 30/07 said:

Hi all, 

when contacting Eduard for the first time, I told them that doing this sheet (for me) won't get commercial success (yet) for them.

I wanted them to know that - if they would do this - it could be a single request and all the work they had to do. 

As far as I know, there are only a handful of these conversion sets sold and those people owing one might be interested in these decals as well. 

But maybe, Italeri might release the F.3 sooner or later (NO, I don't have any informations - it's just my thought having their Starfighter releases in mind) and then my requested sheet might getting some commercial success. 

I had a discussion with Martin of Eduard (he is the man that was so kind fulfilling my request) if I can tell the people that Eduard printed these decals on request. 

So, as I'm telling you the story behind, I would say, Eduard would sell this sheet to anyone who will ask for. 

Would they officially release this sheet (yet)? Personally, I don't think so. 

Reg the price:

I have ordered another sheet on request covering those very small warning signs you can see on the sides of the consoles of the WSO (those yellow triangles with a black bolt in it). A small detail I needed to have. 

I don't have an invoice yet but I'm sure that I will get one the next week. 

What I know by now, the price is definitely higher than the regular D32009. 

When waiting a few days I can tell you more. 

Personally I think, every sheet asked for (now) might be cheaper since it's just the printing process. 

HTH 

Reimund 

I'd be interested in at least a couple of sets too! Thanks for your efforts in this matter! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

just a little update on the requested decals:

Due to summer holidays there is a delay in printing the decals by Eduard.

Seeing all you interested in these decals, Eduard told me that they are prepared to print more of them.

As soon as I get any news (decals ;)), I`ll  let you all know (price, how to get them and so on).

Reimund

16 hours ago, dutchplanebuilder77 said:

Is it possible to make a version of 1435 Flight? 

As mentioned in my first post here some weeks ago, let me clarify what I was Eduard asking for:

I requested the stencils/maintenance markings based on their #D32009 sheet (Tornado GR.4 stencils), this time in the correct colouring for using them on the F.3.

There are NO other markings provided like squadron badges, codes and so on.

As far as I know, there are 3 sheets for the F.3 around:

- FLIGHTPATH #? covering F.3´s of 23, 25 and 111 sqn

- XTRADECAL #X001-32 covering one F.3 of 11 sqn beside of three GR.1´s

- SUPERSCALE #32-99 covering a Saudi F.3

While the FLIGHTPATH and XTRADECAL sheets seem to be still available, the SUPERSCALE sheet is OOP and hardly to get these days.

Sorry if cutting down some expectations here...

Reimund

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, 

finally received the requested Eduard decals :clap2:

20221005-155005.jpg

It´s a huge sheet (larger than DIN A4) covering all the stencils of their D32009 (to use with GR.4´s) as well as twice the walkways due to the lenghtened fuselage of the F.3. 

As you may see in the upper right corner, there are some more decals. First in the outer right there are 3 sets of decals for AN/AAQ-28 (I have 3 of Tim´s sets that lack any decals).

Left of these decals there are 50 very small decals, that I asked for. These are electricity warning signs (yellow triangle with an black lightning inside).

These signs are often seen on the real ones and so also on the WSO´s consoles in the F.3.

Tried to photograph them which is due to their size not an easy task - see the next photos. 

20221006-083001.jpg

20221006-083041.jpg

Last but not least - let´s talk about the costs:

I had to pay 3539,25 CZK which is around 150€. Around 100€ is printing, the rest is fot tax/shipping.

Comparing to the price for a D32009 sheet this price is impressive.

From the beginning of my request I calculated around 100€ which was almost a hole in one in the end.

Talking to Martin from Eduard if this will be a single print or if they can print additional ones on request,

he told me they are prepared for more requests.

Will Eduard sell this sheet within their products? As far as I see - not yet.

Will it be available at a reduced price when ordering more sets? I don´t know but to be honest I had no discussion on that point.

Does Eduard produce customized decals? I don´t know and I was very surprised when they told me they would do these decals for me.

Maybe it was not a big task as the D32009 sheet was already done and there was "just a little change in colouring".

One word about conversation over the months: My contact Martin is a very helpful man who did his best to fulfill my wishes.

It took more than 6 months from requesting to get this sheet, but as I am not in hurry and due to other things that had to be done first, this was absolutely 

ok to me.

Let me say a BIG thank you Martin - you made my day!

If you are interested in this decal sheet, here´s where I contacted Eduard:

subdodavky@eduard.com

So, now having the decals , I can restart my F.3 - more on that later this day.

Reimund