Got my jet back from rehab- The Wave

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- More L-39 stuff
13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Catching up with your thread Pete, this is so much fun to follow, amazing pictures , great stories. Thank You for sharing.

Cheers

Martin 

....Albatros's cockpit looks so stark without the analog dials and the bang-seats  

Thanks for checking in Martin-

There are so many different variations to cockpit furnishings in the civilian L-39 community. As an instructor, it certainly makes it challenging, as every L-39 is different..some radically so.

Now that many are being retrofitted with the Garrett 731 engine, the operating parameters are changing as well. Certainly keeps it interesting!

with regard to the L-29; I have an EAA (type) rating for the L-29, but have never flown a traditional L-29. All of my training on the L-29 was in L-29 test aircraft for the OPL Lab- without going into too much detail, those aircraft are set up to mimic the F-35. 

best

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- paying the bills at FL380
On 2/15/2023 at 9:58 AM, easixpedro said:

I read this and was imagining you in your best captain's voice briefing the passengers on the arrival weather in Houston. (Yes, I NEED to get out more).

You can’t get hired if you don’t have that voice-

This is my home for the next 4 days…’cause I’ll be living out of it.

These are the best bags on the planet- they’ll take a ton of abuse and easily last 10 years

3kGCWFR.jpg

Luggage works

I can pretty much guarantee every one of these you see being dragged by a pilot has a bottle of hot sauce in there somewhere-

cheers

P

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

33 minutes ago, Lenny320 said:

Great bags. I’ve sent mine in for repair after years and it comes back like new!

me too!

a buddy of mine- his house burned down but the bag survived. He still uses it.

I used to plow snow with mine on the walk from the train to the crashpad in ORD. You literally can’t kill these things-

I did have a wheel blow up in Frankfurt. We had a mechanic in the cockpit for some minor issue, and he saw me messing with my bag…took pity on me, and left. Got some stuff. Came back- and fixed it.