1:32 Revell Me 262 b-1/u-1

PeterOlsen

• 5 months later...

Hi folks, I have a little bit of progress to show on this build but for the most part my 262 has been sitting patiently as I've been project hopping from build to build. However, a little something is better then nothing so here goes.....

I've completed the seat belts using HGW's 1:32 Me 262 seatbelt set. no 132533. They're quite time consuming but totally worth it in the end. I think they're far superior to photo etch parts and they just seem to bend weave and flow much more naturally. As you'll  see by the pics this was the look I was going for. I think they turned out quite well...........

GOTefGr.jpg 

I really like the material in the HGW sets as they seem to take a wash and dry brush really well.

WNtOCGp.jpg 

6panSBJ.jpg 

....and below is one of the reasons this build has sat waiting........

I wanted to push my 1:32  Hasegawa 109g-6 a bit further along and she's very close to completion now.

ZA8YnOn.jpg

CbekFPn.jpg 

To make matters worse I've also been working on tamiyas 1:32 Spitfire. Actually, I really just need to work on one build at a time ! To add insult to injury heres a link to my 1:48 bf 110 in Non LSP works.

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/87436-148-eduard-bf-110e/

Ok I'm going to leave now before I open another kit box.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Pete.

Thanksyou, Brett M, LSP. Kevin , Thunnus,    much appreciated.

LSP Kevin: The seat belt weathering was achieved by just a simple oil wash and dry Brush. I brush on a coat of future first and once dry I apply the wash. what I like to do is let the oil wash set up for twelve hours- I find that this way they blend and stain really nicely. Then its just a dry brush of a lighter tone once thats dry. I hope that helps ! Thanks agin for your picture posting assistance.

Brett M: Give that lovely gold retriever of yours a pat from me. Lovely work on your Dauntless, she's looking great.

Thunnus: I'm very happy to bounce ideas around, no worries mate ! I love the work you've done so far, especially all your fine attention to detail in the cockpit. I hope your wing to fuselage fit goes smoother than mine did. Keep on rocking brother !

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by PeterOlsen