Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger

LSP_K2

Using my newly acquired wood putty (I have no idea what happened to the last tub), I’ve filled in some voids on the plywood base, so that I can begin adding the iron-on walnut veneer. As it turns out, I missed a couple small areas that need some attention, so I'll be doing those now.

hwMnEY.jpg

Tried out something entirely new for me here tonight, lead wire for weld seams, and it works pretty darned good, though obviously needs some more refinement (mostly in what specific tools to use, but I have some ideas in this area too). I can’t believe I never thought of it before now.

YvuSqT.jpg

30 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

I'd suggest sanding them down about half of their height.  They stand way to proud but a nice detail.

Oh yes, they'll get a couple of coats of surfacer while I add the cast texture. That'll help with the rather stark look they have now. Thanks, Ron.

Now this is truly annoying. Last week I ordered a brand new iron (for doing my iron-on veneers), and two days ago I found my own iron, which I had mistakenly believed had been forever lost. I also snatched a bottle of Vallejo light rust wash (which I’ll use sparingly), for this and subsequent armor projects. I’ll be grabbing some more Vallejo stuff over the next couple of months too, to add to my arsenal of weathering options for this big beast.

eBVbZt.jpg

I would still sand the casting marks down a bit; Ron is right: they are a little too proud. Look good though! Somewhere in my stash I have some PE letters and numbers I got for the same reason. They are in the stash...somewhere... We should twist Woody at Archer to do some more casting marks, he has some Sherman stuff, but we could use more generic sheets in different sizes.

Archer Sherman casting marks:

AR88007.gif

Kevin,  not to hike jack your build here but you are doing a great job.  On my Tiger I exhaust shields I used numbers off the Archer set that Ray posted a picture of them.  Here is a picture of mine without anything added on top of them for you to compare.  

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/923/gXdMFx.png

Only problem with the Archer stuff is it might be a little small for 1/16th, though it would probably work on small castings. Things like the mantlet your numbers are better, just need to be thinned a bit.

3 hours ago, Smokey said:

Hope this works this time.  Dan

Yep, worked great. What scale is your Tiger? I'd love to add the big 1:16 Tamiya kit to my stash one day, though to be honest, I really prefer the later variants.