Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger

LSP_K2

23 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I've got a marvelous picture of LSP_Ray standing in front of a Tiger II, and it's also missing every other tooth on the sprocket, for whatever that's worth.

This one?:

KingTiger_Bov_03.JPG.570b5ad099097f4c5b1c10c80ab075c1.JPG

Actually, that is my daughter and son-in-law. I am behind the camera. Also have the other side:

KingTiger_Bov_01.JPG.b7a99ff862b082c5765987835299fb54.JPG

Close-up of the tracks:

KingTiger_Bov_02.JPG.7ba764a2be71802156192741287e630b.JPG

All 18 torsion bars and connectors now cleaned up and installed. Now the remainder of the engine flanking area guts can be added, which may take a few days. I’m fairly confident that the engine cooling fans and deflectors/diffusers will be able to be observed through the engine deck, at least to some minor degree, so these will be suitably painted. Engine, residing as it does in its own middle compartment, will not be visible from the exterior at all, so will simply not be installed.

Oh, and a word to the wise; not all of the torsion bars automatically line up like I’d assumed they would, so great care will need to be taken to keep them all at the same distance from the ground, at least for the way I’ll be having mine sitting.

UF1hnd.jpg

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

I was wondering if that was what those two parts were for that you couldn't fit, as guides to getting everything lined up?

Not really, as they just have round holes that would in no way hold any particular position, unless glued tight. I think the real issue is a combination of the somewhat loose hex fittings on either end of the bar, combined with actual torsion that can be imparted on the bars themselves, as well as the two different diameters of the swing arm end fittings, which if all glued in place solidly with the bottoms touching the desk or whatever, would make every other road wheel higher than the flanking road wheels.

I decided to determine what, if anything, might really be visible below the cooling deflectors/diffusers, especially with the debris screens in place (the diffusers themselves are just peppered with ejector pin depressions, and I don’t want to deal with them unless it’s absolutely necessary). I have to hand it to Trumpeter here, debris screens fit wonderfully, not quite perfect, but still very, very good. Once I paint the cooling area guts, I’ll have a much better understanding of what truly needs to be done.

dULw3L.jpg

14 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very cool Kev....................Seems like you could almost put another screen or black panel under the debris screen to nearly hide everything under it.

Much of what's there I actually do want to see, the cooling fans in particular. I just don't want to have such a good view that I see a ton of ejector pin marks in there (which I seriously doubt will be the case). If they do turn out to be visible at all, I'll just have to fill and sand them all out.

27 minutes ago, Dart_Schatten said:

Good day! It's wery interesting blog! I've got the same kit. I've started it in past year, but it "stuck". I was lucky to bought turned metal barrel for my "JagdT".

I'll try to find some pics with my JagdT.

Sorry for my poor English.

Regards, Sergey Budyansky.

Does the replacement barrel have the correct rifling in it? That's the only way I'd even consider a replacement.

With this photo I've tried to illustrate that the fan blades will show, but it's very difficult (almost impossible) to capture. Needless to say, with the surrounding upper areas yellow-brown and the fan blades themselves a metallic color, which I believe they were, they'll be visible. The radiators will not, and I've yet to verify if the baffles will be.

uQRHi2.jpg