Trumpeter 1:16 Jagdtiger

LSP_K2

To one degree or another, many of the photos I have, show a fairly large smooth area on the backs of the exhaust guards, so last night I cut some .010 pieces to represent these. Once faired in with some surfacer, and casting texture added to the surrounding areas, it should look great. Once my Waldron replacement punches arrive, I'll rebuild the lifting lugs, then get ready to install these and the mufflers.

CVIkAH.jpg

I had previously noted that the road wheels have a depression around the entire periphery of the wheel. I'd mistakenly thought this only applied to the inner wheels of the pairs, but it's actually all of the wheels. Liquid putty will take care of this rather handily though.

7vwpQe.jpg

I addition, all of the wheels have a mold parting line at the outer edge of the rim that needs to be eliminated, but that's some quick work, even for 18 road wheel pairs. 

P3Y1jC.jpg

5 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I also got the quote for the acrylic cover today; $200 if I go 1/8", $240 if 3/16". I'll probably go with 3/16" and an acrylic mirrored back segment.

Have you got a quote for doing the cover in glass? It would be much like a fish tank turned upside down. And glass is not going to wobble about so much

Richard

9 hours ago, RLWP said:

Have you got a quote for doing the cover in glass? It would be much like a fish tank turned upside down. And glass is not going to wobble about so much

Richard

No, no quote for glass. Once all glued up, the 3/16" acrylic should be fairly stable. Also, once placed (wherever), it'll seldom, if ever, get moved.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

No, no quote for glass. Once all glued up, the 3/16" acrylic should be fairly stable. Also, once placed (wherever), it'll seldom, if ever, get moved.

Ok, you've thought about it. Roughly how big is this case going to be?

Richard

43 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Ok, you've thought about it. Roughly how big is this case going to be?

Richard

16" x 24" x 12" high, roughly. I've yet to pin down the absolutes.

31 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

16" x 24" x 12" high, roughly. I've yet to pin down the absolutes.

It's that top piece 16" by 24" I would be concerned about. In 3/16" it shouldn't bow too much though

Richard

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

It's that top piece 16" by 24" I would be concerned about. In 3/16" it shouldn't bow too much though

Richard

I'd originally considered 1/4", but that starts to get bloody expensive and fast.