Decal Panel Lines or latches

Ryan

Anyone have some leads on some panel line decals? Specifically gun bay latches on the underside of the TA-152?

Was a little overzealous in sanding and there is no way I can re scribe them.

Ryan

Panel line decals? The only thing we have are "raised" panel lines that guys use to replace the ones sanded off on older kits. Back in the day one of the tricks for replicating panel lines was to draw them on with pencil or Rapidograph pens instead of scribing so you might consider that. With all the different sizes and shapes possible I wouldn't know where to start if I were to consider doing decals.

But I'm open to suggestions.

3 hours ago, Archer Fine Transfers said:

Panel line decals? The only thing we have are "raised" panel lines that guys use to replace the ones sanded off on older kits. Back in the day one of the tricks for replicating panel lines was to draw them on with pencil or Rapidograph pens instead of scribing so you might consider that. With all the different sizes and shapes possible I wouldn't know where to start if I were to consider doing decals.

But I'm open to suggestions.

Many thanks for the response.

I agree if you wanted to produce a set what would that look like, "1/32 WWII German latches and hatches"...not sure.

I'm definitely no go on the pen idea , but I have used pencil in the past in smaller scales.

I'm leaning to a slight relief effect on the latches with plastic card to sanded down to be slightly prouder than the fuse around it and then using your great rivet details around the edge.

Not perfect but the detail will be there.

Ryan

Could try a little foil, Ryan, with some MIcroscale adhesive for aluminum foil. 

Once you burnished down the foil with a toothpick, you could use a sharp blade to trim your external details.

6 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Could try a little foil, Ryan, with some MIcroscale adhesive for aluminum foil. 

Once you burnished down the foil with a toothpick, you could use a sharp blade to trim your external details.

Gazzas, that is brilliant!  Saving that one for later...  Don't be surprised if you see that one on my Mustang build...  I even have a few types of BMF...

Just thought of this too.

I could see about getting a spare part with the panels intact and then cut out the offending panels and replace with the new ones. :)

I am a master over-complicator.