1/32 Spitfire FR.18 Conversion

turboprop4

Since I missed the "in progress" posts, figured I'd make a slideshow video showing the major steps in converting PCM's Spitfire Mk. IX to a FR.18 using Grey Matters Resin conversion.  Replaced the kit seat with one from Barracuda resin and the wheels with new ones from Resin 2 Detail.  I added Model Master cannons/machine guns as well.  I wanted something unique in terms of markings and came across an interesting article on the RAF’s 28 Squadron FR.18’s flying out of Kai Tak in Hong Kong.  The squadron was known to strip their mounts in between missions with different aircraft showing a variety of natural metal, natural metal and camouflage, and all camouflaged finishes.  I thought that TP455 with its stripped fuselage and camouflage wings would provide the unique finish.

Feedback and comments welcomed.

4 hours ago, turboprop4 said:

I hate to disagree so emphatically but I'm one who thinks the later marks were far more beautiful than the early marks.  Those early ones just lacked the "power" that a thoroughbred needs to show ;)

We'll agree to disagree!  It's about grace not power for me, lines, design and elegance!! :P:)