New Landing Gear Products

D.B. Andrus

1 hour ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Hi Tim

Would love to do a st, however I sold my P-38 and have no donor parts. If you, or anyone else is interested in donating parts..........we can then put them in the queue.  ;)

Cheers,

D.B.

I would happily do so, but it sounds like you have it covered already, correct?

19 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

yep, excellent news indeed!  Especially the Avenger and Dauntless ones!  Cant wait.  Might we get a set for the Tamiya Corsair or Mustang? Or more importantly the Hasegawa P-40?  I can donate parts for them....especially the P-40

Cheers Anthony

Hi Anthony

I have the P-40 in the stash, so it's now added to the list. I don't have tha Tamiya P-51 or the Corsair. The Corsair kit legs look to be overly compressed to me. What do you think?

Cheers,

D.B.

2 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

We have just added the Revell Spitfire I to the to-do list. I have the kit in the stash.

Cheers,

D.B.

super cool

the Revell Spit MkI/II is crying out for proper gear, so I hope that comes out soon!

one question though: the Fw190 stainless steel section looks suuuuuper long - sure that’s correct?

i remember lots of noise when these kits came out, and many people said the oleos should be more ‘compressed’

thoughts?

38 minutes ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Hi Anthony

I have the P-40 in the stash, so it's now added to the list. I don't have tha Tamiya P-51 or the Corsair. The Corsair kit legs look to be overly compressed to me. What do you think?

Cheers,

D.B.

excellent news about the P-40!!

Interesting comment about those Corsair legs...I wondered myself.  I will look into it...

4 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

one question though: the Fw190 stainless steel section looks suuuuuper long - sure that’s correct?

i remember lots of noise when these kits came out, and many people said the oleos should be more ‘compressed’

thoughts?

Hi

I'm following the kit patterns on the oleos. The Revell oleo measures at a nominal .429 in/10.9 mm. The Hasegawa  .454 in/11.54 in.

The apparent length can be adjusted somewhat by painting a bit of the oleo at the bottom if you want it to look shorter. 

Cheers,

D.B.

Hi D.B. - this is a great idea and one I shall avail myself of very shortly.

From what I've seen so far you look like you are concentrating on WW II fighters - any chance you would add TF/F 104 gear to you 'to do list'?

Regards,

Steve S.