1/32 Buccaneer S2B - Icelandic Fine Arts

Scotsman

Colin. one thing I did on my smaller scale Bucc you might like, was to dip the tailcone bullets into the kids play-doh then pour some Fast Glass resin into the depressions.

It's a 2-part polyester resin I got from a car spares shelf in a garage years ago. But it dries to a translucent brown shade which looks far better than any painted radome.

You needn't even varnish it after sanding to fit for an authentic look.

Another update 2 in a month , seems like the imposed isolation is having an effect , 

After the paint settled down , a quick coat of Future, to provide a base coat for decaling and weathering. On the subject of Decaling , as you know the promised Kit World decal sheet scale up never happened, and with the start of Covid, I guess its unlikely it ever will, so its on with my Plan B , make it up from bits and pieces.. so here we are , the basic markings are in place , including the walk ways ,,,

q3nDXDS.jpg

3bqqsBf.jpg

VJibjX4.jpg

For those of you planning to go this route , well a word of advice.. never throw anything away 

3l9Nujp.jpg

Xtra Decal type B roundels, generic Yellow striping, Red striping, 12 Sq badges from a hunter T7 sheet, Serials from a generic Xtradecal set, and to complete the Maintenance markings Xtradecal set 32-019, Lightning Stencils, it seems to have most if not all of the missing White maintenance markings , OOP, but worth searching out . 

All I'm missing is the pail blue 889 numbers for the tail.. any suggestions?

Thats a great build thus far, congrats on beating it into submission and building such an impressive beastie. Yep timings could not have been worse for the decal "issue" dunno if things will change, as im sure they have gone off radar.

My Bucc will be staying in the stash for a while yet until I can get the courage to tackle it, Inspiration is however in this build thread! 

Well I checked my stock and lucky me has Xtradecal 32-019 but then that started me thinking that I could probably use the Trumpeter stencils from the Lightning as well. I haven't actually checked the Xtradecal sheet so I'm not sure if it provides enough for 3 airframes, ie, in Lightning context, natural metal, grey, green or grey/green? Must check but this could be a real lifeline!

A suggestion - what about Xtradecal X32031 - Hawk stencils? That might help? And Hannants have 25 sheets in stock at £7.99 each, post free?

Edited by SimonCornes
Added Hawk decals

what about Xtradecal X32031 - Hawk stencils

I have 2 of them , and they're being used aLLOT, they're a little small, but they are extremely useful, the  warning triangles are perfectly sized for the pylons ,(4 per pylon/Launch rail

What fun!!!

More pics in the near future, its starting to look ok  - Well It think so!