1/32 Buccaneer S2B - Icelandic Fine Arts

Scotsman

Ok more waffle in lieu of the inevitable  pics coming real soon ! 

The main update is a revelation that I still can't quite believe , the 1/2 ton lump of resin without weapons and no seats is a flippin TAIL SITTER.. seriously you could have knocked me down with a rolled up copy of the Radio Times, (Obligatory UK Ref , other listing mags are available)  ,

I was convinced that the weight of the resin alone would have ensured is would have balanced it out , but with the benefit of hindsight , there's a whole load of airframe behind the centre of gravity .. but hey ho!

So undercarriage - you may be aware that Alan has indicated that he's working on a metal U/C leg set , but I'm confident that the resin legs in the kit will be good enough with some tweaking , involving pinning with Dowels and metal  pins to hold the wheels in place . There's a fair amount of scratchbuilding needed for nose wheel bay  including a substantial retraction jack . 

Other than that there's a load of aerials  t be added along with the  final work to fit out the cockpit , but I can see light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope its's not an oncoming train!

Amazing  - I’m pretty sure the Airfix 1/48th Bucc doesn’t need nose weight. Would be interesting to know how much weight you will need to get it to balance? I know yours is a Martel carrier but I wonder if you could put weight in the slipper tanks - depends on how much needs to go in, hence the question about nose weight. It will be good to see the latest pics!!

As for numbers, if you can get the font and do up the graphics, I'm sure someone here can cut you a set of masks... If nobody else can or will, I can cut them, I just don't know what size or what fonts to use myself.

Cheers

Harald

Well the plot thickens , Once I added the wheels , the monster came back into balance just , I then added a couple of the sea eagles and it seemed to make a difference , and then horizontal tail pieces and it started swinging back and fore like an arthritic rocking horse.. AARGH.. 

Bottom line ,  I'm fairly certain that when its finally all buttoned up , it;ll be in balance more of less, BUT I'm going to add a few ounces  ,(sorry Metric never took with me , too  old I guess),into the intakes, just to be sure, one of  the advantages of using FOD guards, I don't have to worry what goes into the intakes!.

The Resin legs do feel very secure now , and well upto the task   of supporting weight of the the beast , but I took ages fettling them into place, so that the epoxy became the final link i, not the primary means of support , and its that that made the difference 

I'll shoot some pics of it to-night , 

Pics as promised , first a small word of apology to all of you master photographers who's work graces the pages of this forum, These pics of mine are as usual rushed and to be honest not that brilliant , I've never really mastered the art of ptotographing models, but then what's retirement for !

Ok on with the show - ant I give you a Bucc on wheels 

tdL7Dna.jpg

The rod is just there as a place holder until I come up with something better!

and not a tail sitter , as I initially thought - no weight added as yet!

8pQciNX.jpg

Now a closer look at the legs/bays

3pqBx2P.jpg

The bays themselves are really rather well done inserts that fit ok, after a bit of persuading , a little bit of extra detail was added , but not that much , I really havn't the skill to reproduce the rats next of hydraulic lines in them

and a few odds and ends .. one of the outer pylons, complete with its AN/ALE40 chaff dispenser , added to both of the outer wing pylons..

Q4QbVdQ.jpg

The intake and exhaust guards, or as my wife refers to them , the Buc's butt plugs , hmm that woman's language worries me!

WEOxktQ.jpg

Oh and nose gear , and yest the antennas need re-setting they should be perpendicular - I;m working on it !

miNqmag.jpg

So there we go , nt a tail sitter , the legs havn't collapsed , and progress has been made ,