Long story short.  I lost the WIP images only because of impatience with my Photo Bucket account issues and PhotoShop.   I'd always preach to my kids: "Never enough time to do it right.  Plenty of time to do it over."  This time its a lesson on me.

These images will hopefully cover enough for the parachute pack, belts and foot pedals.

Fa330.1.33.jpg

Shock cord on the tweezers is .4mm braided thread I secured at a garment store with xs Ultra Wire fed through to allow bending.  Seat belts and foot pedals in place.  Parachute pack with straps and shock cord release.

Fa330.1.33a.ChutePack.jpg

One of my reference images shows the parachute pack as a "treated canvas" pack with lots of straps.  So I got a creative.

Fa330.1.33b.Belts.jpg

Fa330.1.33c.FootPedals_2.jpg

Fa330.1.34.jpg

Flat lead wire straps adjusted to final position and secured with CA.  Epoxy applied to parachute pack mount area and shock cord glued to mast then set aside to cure.

Edited by Rick K

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
22 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

I definitely would not want to be the poor guy sent up in that thing, especially seeing how small it is on the conning tower.

That should be a great display option though Rick. Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Matt 

If sub had to do emergency dive with the rotokite deployed.  Bu bye pilot. 

look forward to put this together. Gonna be plenty of scratch work.  Keep ears tuned for screams. 

My nautical knowledge is zilch. So let the learning curve begin.