HK 1/32 B-17G 96th BG/337th BS

Dennis7423

27 minutes ago, Gerhard said:

Put it in a perspex box and hang it on a wall. 

My hope is to put her into a glass-top coffee table on a diorama base. Time will tell if the wife will let that plan come to fruition! While she isn't wild about the size of the kit, she really enjoys how it turned out and is really impressed by it. More than I expected her to actually. She also understands how sentimental it is to me, so that helps.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

19 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

My hope is to put her into a glass-top coffee table on a diorama base. Time will tell if the wife will let that plan come to fruition! While she isn't wild about the size of the kit, she really enjoys how it turned out and is really impressed by it. More than I expected her to actually. She also understands how sentimental it is to me, so that helps.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I have also toyed with that idea. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind feedback everyone!

She went to her first show last weekend, and placed 1st place in her category (multi-engined, 1/48 and larger). I also got a request to possibly put her into a museum/restoration shop in Colorado that specializes in WWII restorations, which is really exciting! We'll see if it all works out.

Now, where did I put that HK Lancaster Mk.I...

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

3 hours ago, Palm-tree said:

Really lovely build Dennis,

the finish looks like a B-17 should.

Question...how did you do the one piece perspex cover over the top of the radio room? I have the same kit but there is a cutout for the top machine gun which was removed later in the war to save weight.

I ended up using a spare one from the HK B-17E/F kit, and converted the frames on it to capture the proper covered perspex of the late-model G's.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

• 2 weeks later...