1/24 Airfix Hellcat

Vynce804

Hi Guy,  I have been following your build as well,  I’ve had the advantage of you being a few steps ahead!  I was interested to see you had built the engine before painting.   That is usually my preference but couldn’t see how I could make it work so am interested to see how you get on.

colour schemes... good question!  It’s probably going to be gloss sea blue and is likely to be an 808 sq FAA example as it has quite a bit of white to break up the blue.  If I did a us navy version it would likely be a vf84 version.  Whatever I choose the dark blue will be a real challenge!!  Good look with your build.  Cheers. Matt

K6mkq1N.jpg

A9Zo3Gr.jpg

UCPchxi.jpg

Nice choices Vynce,

I haven't built it yet, just all put together without glue to hopefully stop the build up of primer in places I didn’t want it. I’ll dismantle and paint the individual components shortly.

Guy

1 hour ago, Gisbod said:

Nice choices Vynce,

I haven't built it yet, just all put together without glue to hopefully stop the build up of primer in places I didn’t want it. I’ll dismantle and paint the individual components shortly.

Guy

Hi Guy,  How about you,  do you have any colour schemes in mind for your build?

1 hour ago, Gisbod said:

haven't built it yet, just all put together without glue to hopefully stop the build up of primer in places I didn’t want it. I’ll dismantle and paint the individual components shortly.

Very clever!  What a good idea... wish I had thought of that!

Really looks AMAZING!!!!  Super nice work and the detail is terrific.  LOVE the Airscale adds actually.  Nice stuff that you did exceptional work with.  That seat and belts are a work of art onto themselves... Not to mention the IP....and Cockpit.. and.......  :popcorn:

45 minutes ago, ringleheim said:

Your progress is fantastic, Matt!  Keep it going!  This is a really cool kit. 

Have you seen this scheme?  I like what's going on with the vertical stabilizer and thought I'd see what you think.

F6F-5 of Lt Hamilton McWhorter III, VF-12, USS Randolph, January 1945

f6f5.jpg

Hi, thank you for the kind comments and encouragement!  Yes really cool scheme...there is so much choice .I think the only thing for me to do is build more than one!!

cheers

matt