Large Scale Flak - 40mm Bofors Gun

BradG

A little something I threw together watching the Cricket World Cup the last two weeks. This is Bronco's 1/35 40mm Bofors gun. It's a good kit, well detailed and fitting but with some frustrating points. Some sections are over complicated with detail included that cannot be seen once completed or photo etch that could have been included as molded on detail with a loss of detail. Also make sure you read ahead in the instructions as parts often need to fit into others in steps down the road, if you mess up the alignment you will have trouble down the road. It would also be nice if Bronco included some extra smaller parts as they are easy to lose. It's finished with Gunze Olive drab and weathered with MiG pigments dry mud and European dust.

viYmBPo.jpg

uaCEXjP.jpg

0T56ppe.jpg

TENTH6l.jpg

I’ve always found it amusing the way some manufacturers label their products, as though all dust in Europe (or Africa etc.) is somehow the same colour and the change happens at the border.  Even a country the size of Russia apparently has its own mud in one colour that doesn’t apply elsewhere in the world.

Fortunately I’m not cynical or I might suspect some creative labelling of the same product in multiple jars to maximise sales...