Focke-Wulf 44D "Stieglitz"

mozart

Thanks Brian and Kev, most kind.  I have to admit that I’m delighted with the way that the Stieglitz is going.  It’s been a great learning curve which I’m sure will stand me in good stead for my other Silver Wings kits, and there are undoubtedly a few things that I would do differently if I ever build another Fw44. 

Thanks Andy and Rich! The Stieglitz might, just might, be finished this weekend (or even today mebbe :hmmm:) with just the aileron control wires and 7 exhaust pipes to fit......but they are incredibly small and fiddly and could cause an issue. I’m also working on the base for the diorama, that’s always fun. 

Not today!  Some progress made but as feared the little pipes running from the collector ring to the cylinders are proving quite difficult.  Cylinders 1 to 4 have different shaped pipes to 5 to 7, getting the length right so that they mate smoothly with the collector ring is "challenging", I think I'm going to have to fair some in with some putty when all are dry:

HttGf6.jpg

This is how they should look:

L8UjdM.jpg

And those two ground dont seem to have taken the news well that it's not going to be finished today Max :) Not worth rushing those last little bits and risk spoiling a beautiful looking model though.

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

4 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

And those two ground dont seem to have taken the news well that it's not going to be finished todayMax :) Not worth rushing those last little bits and risk spinning a beautiful looking model though.

Regards. Andy 

My thinking exactly Andy!  The chap sitting on the wheel skinned his knuckles while changing it (tight nuts!!!) so he’s rather p****d off anyway! :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

And suddenly it is just about finished!  I may do a little weathering to make it like a little more used, but it's substantially done!  Better pictures in the RFI asap once I've completed painting the figures:

6f8UNF.jpg 

4TM2ap.jpg

JyS5jR.jpg

My first Silver Wings kit, but definitely not my last.  I'm planning a prototype Hurricane based on the PCM fabric-wing kit, but when my Gladiator arrives........:frantic:

Edited by mozart

5 minutes ago, mozart said:

He's afraid he's going to wreck "his" plane Richard!

The universal fear of every aircraft mechanic. Even if he doesn't, he'll probably get it dirty

Richard