HK Lancaster

Smeds

Well that’s the kit pre ordered, convinced my folks it would make a great Christmas present. Somehow though I’ve ended up paying to send them to Dubai for their 40th wedding Anniversary next year, what kind of crazy Jedi Mind trick got played on me here? Just cost me 3 Lanc kits at full retail price. *shakes head*

On 7/13/2018 at 11:07 PM, Smeds said:

£340 posted @ veteranus model kits on Facebook. Apparently, the RRP is £400.

Hmmm, can’t see it on the website, is it Facebook only?

8 hours ago, Tony C said:

Hmmm, can’t see it on the website, is it Facebook only?

Yeah, I joined the Facebook group and found the thread and registered my interest there and sent the deposit via PayPal. There was a good number of people wanting one on there so I doubt I’ll be in the initial batch as I was like 90th post on that thread or something similar but that’s the best price I’d seen and i’m In no great hurry for the kit but thought I’d best secure one. I hadn’t heard of the shop before but they do have some good prices on things and as there’s a brick and mortar shop to back the online business up I had no qualms giving them my deposit. 

15 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Yeah, I joined the Facebook group and found the thread and registered my interest there and sent the deposit via PayPal. There was a good number of people wanting one on there so I doubt I’ll be in the initial batch as I was like 90th post on that thread or something similar but that’s the best price I’d seen and i’m In no great hurry for the kit but thought I’d best secure one. I hadn’t heard of the shop before but they do have some good prices on things and as there’s a brick and mortar shop to back the online business up I had no qualms giving them my deposit. 

Thanks Ade, the site that I found is veteranus.co.uk!

Not sure if it is the same as your facebook group but I’ve sent them a message to find out.

Yes Tony, sorry I'm a bit late in my reply, and I see Ade has beaten me to it lol. The ladies at Veteranus are brilliant. Great comms, fast & well packed delivery.

They do auctions at weekends on FB. Most if not all of the stuff they sell is discounted and usually includes free postage.

Highly recommended.

Hannants have it at £359.99 that's £140 more than I paid for the B17=F and it is coming with the following markings seemingly. Markings will be included for 3 aircraft comprising R5868 OL-Q Queenie, R5868 PO-S Sugar W4783 AR-G.

Graham

Edited by Lancman

34 minutes ago, Lancman said:

Hannants have it at £359.99 that's £140 more than I paid for the B17=F and it is coming with the following markings seemingly. Markings will be included for 3 aircraft comprising R5868 OL-Q Queenie, R5868 PO-S Sugar W4783 AR-G.

Graham

Ay-yi-yi!  That is more than $470 U.S. That can't be the actual retail or they won't sell as many of those I'll wager. I can spring for something in the low 300's, but not that.

:frantic: deposit paid, wonder how much the aftermarket stuff is going to cost?

Eduard Brassin engines

Eduard Brassin Cookies and 1000lb’ers

Eduard Big-Ed

Master gun barrels

RAF Air and Ground crew in various poses (no dog or pilots ‘shooting a line’ please)

Then there’s the vehicles, tractor and bomb train, Refueller, crew bus, ambulance, the list goes on!

If I ever get to build a full squadron of Lancaster’s, I think that this is going to cost me more than just money :lol: