Which GB would you like to replace 'Iron Rain'?

BradG

New Group Build to replace Iron Rain  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which Group Build are you interested in?

• REVELLing the Day Away
    • Box Art Imitations
    • Ships of the Desert
    • Under the Red Star
    • Air Superiority

Here is another question, what about South Pacific islands that were basically all sand and some vegetation? Could a desert island be part of the category?

Not really, aircraft there were mostly camouflaged for operations over water, be it dark greens, olive drabs or blues. 

Yes it's meant to be a theme that ties together the builds through the desert type camouflages. So things like Grey F-18's from Desert Storm, the X15 and aircraft like Natural metal Egyptian Migs or Isreali Mirages are out.

Thanks for the clarification Brad. I appreciate it.

Carl

I'd go Revell, but with a desert scheme.

Ju 88 & He 111 boxing's have great desert options, 190 has AM options, as does the 109, of course. Revell's reboxed Hasegawa Stuka has some cool desert camo options as well.

Most famous is perhaps this one?

tumblr_nosuhlaZ5Q1teiltbo1_500.jpg

Not really, aircraft there were mostly camouflaged for operations over water, be it dark greens, olive drabs or blues. 

Brad, not to dwell on it, but this was the particular scheme I was thinking about, it was painted "coral sand" over olive drab. I was tring to figure out if it has to be both a color and a location, or if its the color only. John Bardwell did this one. 

2532-1.jpg

Brad, not to dwell on it, but this was the particular scheme I was thinking about, it was painted "coral sand" over olive drab. I was tring to figure out if it has to be both a color and a location, or if its the color only. John Bardwell did this one. 

2532-1.jpg

Im obviously not the decision maker here, but to me that definitely qualifies as a desert scheme. 

Hey you know what, there's anought participant to start both GB, The desert and the Revell, isn't..?

Dan.

" Revell kit in desert camouflage"  ?

WW-2: some oldies,ex Hasegawa and new kits(He-111,Ju88) fit the theme

Jets and helo's: not my field of expertise

It narrows down the number of kits as no other brand can be used .But there are plenty of Revell kits that can be done in sandy colours.

And participants would have to be a bit more creative to pick a suitable build.

With this GB the Revell and desert fans are both happy. :)

Edited by Erwin

Hey you know what, there's anought participant to start both GB, The desert and the Revell, isn't..?

Dan.

What I meant was two different GB at once, Ship of the Desert and Revelling the Day.... 

Haha, I do appreciate the effort to push the constraints right to the very edge, so ok, if the GB gets up you can do this. I'll also allow in a B-17 based at Midway in the light green. tan and brown scheme if anyone is game for it :)

What I meant was two different GB at once, Ship of the Desert and Revelling the Day.... 

There's always 2 GB's running at the same time. Currently I think that's enough.