Revell 1/350 Tirpitz

Guest DannyVM

On 8/21/2018 at 10:56 AM, MikeA said:

Very clean and exacting work. Well done. Almost like doing hundreds of mini models to bring together. 

Cheers,

Mike

Thank's Mike.:speak_cool: Indeed, every bit is like building a small model on it's own.

3 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Good to see you on this one Danny.

Thank's, but it's a in between project, better said a long time project between the build of my 1/32 F-4J Phantom.

• 5 months later...

Looking good! Very sharp.

I’m part way through my Tirpitz, but haven’t posted it as it is such slow work. A 3D jigsaw puzzle doing the late summer ‘43 scheme. The Revell Tirpitz is still the best of the 1/350 scale, but it is not entirely accurate in terms of fitout for any one period of the ship’s existence. Takes a lot of searching to sort it all out!

Really looking forward to seeing this all come together.

Cheers

Mike

18 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I was wondering if you were going to use a wooden deck or try to paint it.  Looks fantastic.

These big 1/350 ships can be pretty impressive display pieces.

Keep up the good work!

Maybe you can look at the earlier posted photo's i put here on the forum??

4 hours ago, MikeA said:

Looking good! Very sharp.

I’m part way through my Tirpitz, but haven’t posted it as it is such slow work. A 3D jigsaw puzzle doing the late summer ‘43 scheme. The Revell Tirpitz is still the best of the 1/350 scale, but it is not entirely accurate in terms of fitout for any one period of the ship’s existence. Takes a lot of searching to sort it all out!

Really looking forward to seeing this all come together.

Cheers

Mike

Thank's Mike. I did notice it also that some thing's aren't really accurate. Still i just don't know enough of the ship's history to go all the way. I will try make it as accurate as i can, but still i know it will not be fully historical correct.

That 20 mm quad looks great Danny. Very inspiring. I have this kit as well, still lying dorment in the stash. I am thinking of doing the 1942 multi-coloured camo as she wore in Norway. There is a colour photo on the net, showing predominantly brown and green camouflage colours. I have a colour photo of the ships' other side of the same period in a camo of mostly Schnellbootweiss, sand yellow and black. These two combined should look funny on my model..

17 hours ago, themongoose said:

PE is growing on me but that’s still just too much, err small, dang!

your work is looking great! I’m enjoying this build. Maybe one day I’ll start my Bismark...

Pe indeed is very small, but once it's finished you get a lot of fine detail.

13 hours ago, Model_Monkey said:

Looks great!

Enjoying your build.

Thank's mate for the nice comment.:speak_cool:

2 hours ago, Hans said:

That 20 mm quad looks great Danny. Very inspiring. I have this kit as well, still lying dorment in the stash. I am thinking of doing the 1942 multi-coloured camo as she wore in Norway. There is a colour photo on the net, showing predominantly brown and green camouflage colours. I have a colour photo of the ships' other side of the same period in a camo of mostly Schnellbootweiss, sand yellow and black. These two combined should look funny on my model..

Thank's Hans.:thumbsup: Nice to hear you have also this kit in your stash. It's a great kit. Tomorrow i will have the new AK Interactive book regarding the Bismarck and Tirpitz. This will shed some light into the fact which color scheme's are historical correct. I wouldn't go to bet on the Revell scheme's included in the kit. I also notice that the canvas for the main 380 m/m guns are not included in the kit. In her early configuration she didn't have those canvas covers, but in her later operational live she had them, so keep that in mind when doing a later scheme.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great work Danny. I love PE too, but that may be too small even for me to deal with!    Looking forward to more progress

It's small indeed, but still fun to do. Thank's mate for the nice comment.:speak_cool: