Guest Peterpools

Tamiya 1/48 F-14A: 6/17/18: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

David

Bought the QB set and they are in the  paint shop right now

Peter

Guest Peterpools

UPDATE: 6/14/18: FINALLY COMING TOGETHER

Over the past few weeks, I've been making slow but steady progress on the Big Cat. With the decaling completed, I went to work on the panel lines with Flory Dark Dirt and the effect is subtle, with every panel line accepting the wash with no problems. I decided to give Mr Color Semi Matt Clear a shot: Holy Cow – I was blown a way. While the Semi Matt completely killed the super gloss shine, it dried with a very slight glossy egg shell finish, replicating painted metal perfectly; just couldn't be happier.

Finally I was able to devote a good half hour plus to removing all the masking. The canopy as one speck that needs a bit of TLC, the exhaust need some touch up air brush work as Mr Color Metallic does seem to rub off a bit.

All the nav lights, slime lights and position lights were hand painted with Model Air and of course, I missed two lights so I need to go back and do a bit more hand painting..

The gear and gear doors are done and ready to be glued into place. As long as I missed the contest I decided to go with new seats, so I purchased a beautiful set of Quickboost seats with harnesses. I'm about halfway through painting them and they fit just fine..

The four Phoenix missiles have been added, fit perfectly and look pretty good.

I'm a few work sessions away from crossing the finish line, with all the small details still needing to be added plus adding the last of the parts to the canopy interior, which it's just resting in place – the fit is nice and tight.

Thanks for checking in

Peter

MedL3G.jpg

AHdMHi.jpg

7hqnBd.jpg

hJkm2f.jpg

A28Fs0.jpg

JDEBu3.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian, so very much appreciated.

Now if only Papa Tamiya would do this Big Guy in 32nd scale! :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please:

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Brian

Got ya.

And to think Top Gun 2 will be filming soon. Now if that doesn't push Tamiya over the edge

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Kev

Much appreciated ... a fun build for sure and looking forward to hopping back to 32nd scale for the next project

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Much appreciated - just love the scheme as well. I actually prefer it over the Jolly Rogers which is my second favorite on the list

Peter

Guest Peterpools

David

Much appreciated and I guess the cat is out of the bag. next Tomcat will be a Sundowners for sure.

Peter