Lynx HAS.3 XZ233 / 635 702 Squadron, Yeovilton 2011

modelman182

I'm in for sure - with this:

Lynx-LSP-GB-Dec17.jpg

made from this (which I picked up for a song at Telford last month):

lspgb-cmb-kitparts.jpg

And I'm hoping to pick up two decal sheets (Serials and Roundels), three packs of PE (Interior, Exterior and Seatbelts) and a set of masks from my LHS tomorrow.

Kev

Ha ha ... ALL Helos are ugly - reminds of an old adage about their flight capabilities - "Helicopters cannot fly - they're just so ugly that the Earth repels them!"  :whistle:

Still - one needs some basis for appreciation of beauty (and I guess there are a few fixed wing aircraft that could also serve that purpose)

But I'm gonna build it anyway  :)

Kev

ps. thanks for the 'clue', Richard. And I think I may even have found the colour I think I need for this airframe - time will tell...

The last bits of the puzzle fall into place (thanks to my Local Model Shop) - 

Collected PE:

lspgb-cmb-pe.jpg

Masks:

lspgb-cmb-masks.jpg

and Decals:

lspgb-cmb-decals.jpg

I now have no excuse NOT to start this beauty - except for the three "'small' scale planes" I have dotted around my workbench and spraydesk. A quick clear up this weekend and work should then commence.  :)

Kev

• 4 weeks later...

And WE'RE OFF!...

After what seems to have been an interminable delay work has been started on the Lynx.

What with a nasty cold (insert generic term 'man-flu' here, if you so wish  :) ), an impending change of employment (negotiations complete and change occurs 5-8 Jan 2018), some domestic disruption (an eviction of a nasty housemate was necessary), an overloaded work schedule (cos I was the only one who didn't go off sick!) and then Christmas and all its glorious shenanigans - I have been becoming somewhat frustrated in my attempts to actually get some modelling done.

Finally (three weeks or more later) I have gotten into my sheds and made a start...

lspgb-cmwb-cockpit1.jpg

... albeit a VERY slow one. Stripped off the instruments, switches and panels from all the IPs ready for acceptance of the self adhesive IPs from Eduard. Also fitted some of the console PE panels and details around the floor of the cockpit. Lots more to do, including getting some paint on the cockpit prior to fitting the pre-painted panels.

Used some new tools (acquired at Telford, from Paul at Modelling Tools) which I LOVE - the pickup tools for PE work a treat, and are a lot more positive than the cocktail stick with a blob of white tack  :)

Hope to get a bit more done later, but not going too wild as I have a 13Hr+ day starting at 6am tomorrow.

Thanks for looking

Kev

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Shawn - not to worry - I found the Brandy instead  :P

No chance to work on this little beauty today - I'm about to leave for my first job of the day which will keep me busy till 2pm, then home to eat then out again at 4:30 to finally return at 9:30. Gonna be a long day!

Keep well and smile at everyone you meet (they'll ALL wonder what you've been up to! ha ha!)

Kev

Slow progress is better than no progress!

Looking forward to more of your build.

Mike

Thanks Mike

Work has been driving me nuts (currently serving out my notice at a job and they are beginning to take the mickey with my schedule!) but I have managed to get a lot of my 'chores' done today, which will leave me with 3 whole days of undisturbed modelling (apart from a few small drinks around Midnight on Sunday, of course!  :beer4: )

Kev